Give tyrants an inch....or a “health crisis”

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mcscanner
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Give tyrants an inch....or a “health crisis”

Post by mcscanner »

I don't usually post links, but this thread would benefit, I think.

"Greg Fischer, Lousiville Mayor, tried to cancel Easter by prohibiting church-goers from attending Easter services IN THEIR CAR at a drive-through service. But a Kentucky judge rules that prohibition to be unconstitutional. This is the vlawg breaking down the judgment. Enjoy and share!"

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Grayling813 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:47 am Police Slap Christians With $500 Fines for Attending Drive-In Worship Service
https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/watch-pol ... p-service/
Police in Greenville, Miss., issued $500 tickets to Christians who gathered in a church parking lot to worship together in the safety of their cars on Wednesday. The Christians at Temple Baptist Church intended to honor coronavirus social distancing restrictions while gathering to worship God, but the police cracked down, regardless.

Charles E. Hamilton Jr., pastor of King James Bible Baptist Church, raised the alarm on Facebook Wednesday evening.

"The police in Greenville, MS went to Temple Baptist Church this evening and gave everyone there a ticket for $500 because they had a drive in service," Hamilton posted. "Everyone was in their cars with the windows up listening to pastor Arthur Scott preached on the radio. What is harmful about people being in their cars listening to preaching with their windows up? Christians do you all see what is going on?"
I think everyone involved with issuing those tickets should loose their job and be prosecuted. The breadlines are too good for them.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Grayling813 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:47 am Police Slap Christians With $500 Fines for Attending Drive-In Worship Service
https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/watch-pol ... p-service/
Police in Greenville, Miss., issued $500 tickets to Christians who gathered in a church parking lot to worship together in the safety of their cars on Wednesday. The Christians at Temple Baptist Church intended to honor coronavirus social distancing restrictions while gathering to worship God, but the police cracked down, regardless.

Charles E. Hamilton Jr., pastor of King James Bible Baptist Church, raised the alarm on Facebook Wednesday evening.

"The police in Greenville, MS went to Temple Baptist Church this evening and gave everyone there a ticket for $500 because they had a drive in service," Hamilton posted. "Everyone was in their cars with the windows up listening to pastor Arthur Scott preached on the radio. What is harmful about people being in their cars listening to preaching with their windows up? Christians do you all see what is going on?"
Mayor is about to hold a press conference on this now (a tad after 11 am):
I don't see anyone with pitchforks, torches...or tar...yet...the video shows up sideways on my page/feed too... :tiphat:

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Grayling813 »

Raleigh Police: Protesting is a non-essential activity
https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/15/ra ... -activity/

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Communion (Lord's Supper) is not part of “core worship.”
https://pjmedia.com/culture/paula-bolya ... es-n386794
It’s even worse in Knox County, Tenn., where the health department just announced that while churches may reopen on May 1, the Lord’s Supper is forbidden.

The order was announced by Knox County Health Department Regional Hospital Coordinator Charity Menefee, who announced that Communion is not part of “core worship.”
Well, it's a core part of worship in my SBC church, practiced every Sunday. Not sure what commie planet Charity Menefee hails from....

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

Reading this, especially with the title of this thread, reminded me that there is an old quote we should all pay attention to. Thomas Jefferson said that the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. As much as I hate the thought of it, I believe the time is rapidly approaching for us to refresh the tree of liberty.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

'Every One of Them': California to Begin Forcibly Quarantining People – Separating Families – Over COVID-19
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/v ... 19-n388732

It's well known that Gov. Newsom is a communist.

However, this tracing of people is coming from the federal level and even Texas Gov. Abbott's plan to "Open Texas" includes formation of tracing teams.

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Illinois governor says churches may not fully reopen for a year or more because of coronavirus
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... 8wH_xi1HUM

Federal lawsuits should be filed against him.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:46 pm Illinois governor says churches may not fully reopen for a year or more because of coronavirus

Mr. William Barr may have something to say about that. Seems to me that it violates some law of the land I read before. I may be wrong though. :rules:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Flightmare wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:49 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:46 pm Illinois governor says churches may not fully reopen for a year or more because of coronavirus

Mr. William Barr may have something to say about that. Seems to me that it violates some law of the land I read before. I may be wrong though. :rules:
The truth is, we never should have allowed the government to take away our rights in the first place. People got scared and turned into cowards.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:53 am 'Every One of Them': California to Begin Forcibly Quarantining People – Separating Families – Over COVID-19
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/v ... 19-n388732

It's well known that Gov. Newsom is a communist.

However, this tracing of people is coming from the federal level and even Texas Gov. Abbott's plan to "Open Texas" includes formation of tracing teams.
These teams recommend testing and quarantine, NOT mandatory in Texas
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Devastating Mississippi church fire investigated as arson
https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/mi ... ated-arson
The First Pentecostal Church of Holly Springs in Mississippi burned down early Wednesday morning. The congregation had been in a legal battle to continue holding services despite the novel coronavirus outbreak and subsequent lockdown orders.
Thomas More Society senior counsel and lawyer for the church, Stephen Crampton, spoke with Fox News about the fire and said the perpetrators spray-painted a message that read, "I Bet you stay home now you hypokrits."

"We're in a time where I don't think it's any secret that there's a growing hostility toward churches, across the board," Crampton said. "And now, here are churches like First Pentecostal that are sort of stirring up the waters by being outspoken and somewhat firm about seeking to protect their Constitutional rights."
The government and media are complicit in this outrage.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

America??? We have a problem!!!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:19 am America??? We have a problem!!!
Several problems, actually! The main one is these same tryants will be elected again by the same dolts! I'm surprised there are no legal actions by churches for being singled out by these politicians.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

puma guy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:23 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:19 am America??? We have a problem!!!
Several problems, actually! The main one is these same tryants will be elected again by the same dolts! I'm surprised there are no legal actions by churches for being singled out by these politicians.
Even bigger issue now with this church burning is that the state has emboldened actors who are carrying out retribution for not obeying the edicts of the state.

Too many Karens/Kevins out there who simply cannot mind their own business or leave people alone to exercise liberty as they sit fit.

Return to “Off-Topic”