First Rattler of the Season

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First Rattler of the Season

Post by Jusme »

jason812 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:44 pm Father in law called an hour ago to help him dig a snake out of a wood pile in his barn. This was an aggressive little guy and about 2.5 Crocs long. Turns out that's the second snake he killed today. First one was between the duals of his rv. It was 3 Crocs long but didn't have as nice jewelry as the shorter one. That's 3 in his yard so far this year.

Memorial Day weekend I missed a 5ft one on the tractor. It almost covered my driveway as it crawled across. I just couldn't get to it in time and went looking in the brush after the sneaky creature and still couldn't find it.

20200615_184832.jpg
20200615_191839.jpg

Until I looked at the pics, I was having trouble figuring out your measuring system. Are those English or metric crocs? :smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Jusme wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:28 am
jason812 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:44 pm Father in law called an hour ago to help him dig a snake out of a wood pile in his barn. This was an aggressive little guy and about 2.5 Crocs long. Turns out that's the second snake he killed today. First one was between the duals of his rv. It was 3 Crocs long but didn't have as nice jewelry as the shorter one. That's 3 in his yard so far this year.

Memorial Day weekend I missed a 5ft one on the tractor. It almost covered my driveway as it crawled across. I just couldn't get to it in time and went looking in the brush after the sneaky creature and still couldn't find it.

20200615_184832.jpg
20200615_191839.jpg

Until I looked at the pics, I was having trouble figuring out your measuring system. Are those English or metric crocs? :smilelol5:
Before I looked at the pictures I was wondering what a croc was. I am guessing the snake was about three foot? The question I have though is how many crocs equals one boot?

jason812
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jason812 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:33 am
Jusme wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:28 am

Before I looked at the pictures I was wondering what a croc was. I am guessing the snake was about three foot? The question I have though is how many crocs equals one boot?
I had already taken my boots off for the day, which is pretty much as soon as I get home. I went snake hunting in Croc :biggrinjester: hence my failed attempt at humor. My mother in-law was panicking because I only used about a 3ft board to pin the snake down so it could be separated from it's head. She probably would really freak out if she knew in the past I have used a rock big enough to keep them crawling off and a pocket knife to decapitate and not a chopping hoe.

I'm still not happy about missing the biggest one I have ever seen in the wild.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “Off-Topic”