Central Park Karen

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 12

Central Park Karen

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ma ... story.html

Karen called 911 in a wilderness area in Central Park on a man who said her dog needed to be on a leash, she was all by herself with her dog when the man emerged from the bushes asking her to get her dog on a leash. When she objected, he began filming her. The man was a "bird watcher".

She has lost her $170,000 a year investment job and social media has savaged her, so much that she has returned her pet dog to the shelter after she was accused of choking it. ( Seems really young to be making $170k a year, but I have never worked in NY or been an "investment person").

Liberals eat their own, when you break a rule.

Apparently what she said was not nice to this man. The Mayor has accused her of Racism. She may be banned from the park permanently. She probably will need to change her name and move somewhere else to find a job.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Central Park Karen

Post by flechero »

She may be a racist and an idiot but she also may have a case for wrongful termination.

By the way- is "birding" an essential activity?? :roll:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I saw the video. She jerks the poor dog around by the collar.

She threatens the man that she is going to call 911 and say a African American man is threatening her.

He says go ahead. She jerks the dog by the collar some more.

Man works for Marvel Comixs as a writer.

Do people realize how they look when being videoed.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OneGun »

flechero wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:34 pm She may be a racist and an idiot but she also may have a case for wrongful termination.

By the way- is "birding" an essential activity?? :roll:
I doubt she has a case. If NY is an "at will" state, an employer can terminate and an employee can quit at will. She would have a case if her employer fired her because she was in a protected class. Unfortunately, racists are not protected.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I honestly couldn’t care less about the interaction between the man and woman. Holding that dog like that, for that long while it very clearly is giving signs that it is under distress, is what got under my skin. For that and that alone I hope they throw the boom at her. Now for acting the fool she did, I hope she gets a second book thrown at her.

Chaparral

Post by Chaparral »

The “threatening” man is on the Board of Directors of the NYC Audubon Society. Signs posted that dogs must be on a leash. She falsely claimed to the 911 operator that he was threatening her life.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I don't understand why she did not simply attach the leash she was holding when he first reminded her of the leash law. I have on occasion seen people in my neighborhood disconnect the leash while out walking their dogs. They all know darn good and well we have a leash law in Plano but seem to think they have some kind of special privilege. My next door neighbor was bad about this for years and his dogs were very aggressive large breeds. After a very tense conversation with him after his dog attacked a lady with a dog in front of my house, he now always has his dog on a leash but it took some training on my part.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Chaparral wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:41 pm The “threatening” man is on the Board of Directors of the NYC Audubon Society. Signs posted that dogs must be on a leash. She falsely claimed to the 911 operator that he was threatening her life.
What happened before he started taping and being so nice? I'd bet the cash in my pocket that he wasn't such a gentleman before he started recording. Now that doesn't excuse her in any way, but might explain why she was so excited. (and he may have actually threatened her, we have no way of knowing what he did before he upset her and started rolling tape.)

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

flechero wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:51 am
Chaparral wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:41 pm The “threatening” man is on the Board of Directors of the NYC Audubon Society. Signs posted that dogs must be on a leash. She falsely claimed to the 911 operator that he was threatening her life.
What happened before he started taping and being so nice? I'd bet the cash in my pocket that he wasn't such a gentleman before he started recording. Now that doesn't excuse her in any way, but might explain why she was so excited. (and he may have actually threatened her, we have no way of knowing what he did before he upset her and started rolling tape.)
The fact that she apologized for making it up pretty much solidifies he did not threaten her. What an odd bet to make.

flechero

Post by flechero »

I never saw or heard of the apology.... I guess it's good I only had a few buck in my pocket!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... ps-on-him/

Christian Cooper the African American bird watcher has asked people to stop making death threats against the woman who threatened to call 911. (or did she call). Yes she made an apology as I have read somewhere.

I think there is a tendency for people who are pumped with adrenaline to do things they normally when calm would not do. When you see her tugging at the dog's collar (which is the thing that upsets me and a lot of people the most) it makes no sense she has the leash in her hand. Clip it on and you don't have to drag the dog around with you.

When you watch videos of real life situations. You first see people under react. The most telling one is a security video of a family walking along the sidewalk mom and dad holding hands with the little boy and girl. A woman walks up and suddenly cuts their daughter in the face with a knife. No real reaction from the parents. She moves away and then walks back up and attempts to stab their little boy, only then does the dad do something to protect his son and only a really late reaction saves the kid.

Then the other reaction after adrenaline is pumping, the video of the police officers standing around while one of them puts his knee to the neck of a suspect they have just subdued, or Ahmaud Abrey charging a guy with a shotgun after he sees two guys attempting to stop him with a shot gun. Much safer to keep running, than to charge a shotgun, but his adrenaline is pumped.

Karen here may have been scared for a moment when an African American man pops out of the bushes, while she is alone in a deserted part of a park. That got her adrenaline going and then he makes a demand of her. Reasonable as it was, she reacts negatively as a fight instinct, rather than simply complying.

Under reaction, then over reaction. Things I try to think about, so that I do the correct thing when it is needed.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/05/ ... ngton-2-0/

Hmmm. New things are coming out.

He apparently carries dog treats with him. For dogs that are not on leashes. He said she wouldn’t like it.

May have indirectly suggested the treats might be poisonous.

grim-bob

Post by grim-bob »

This^^^^

I think she didn't handle it well and has plenty to be ashamed about in her actions but he's not without fault by his own admission. She should have just leashed up and went on her way to deescalate. But he openly admitted that he made an applied threat, "you're not going to like what I do next," and then began to call her dog over. If a man was making applied threats at my wife or even calling my dog without permission I would expect some outrage also regardless of what wrong they might be doing. You don't call someone else's dog over after making a threat like that and not expect some outrage, fear, panic out of the person. He had no right to approach her dog in any way and made some level of threat. After that is when he decided to start recording conveniently. At that point they were both in the wrong and on a downhill slope. He was being a "Kevin" by approaching her dog and continuing to engage her vs just calling and letting police deal with it or just ignore it. She was being a "Karen" by breaking the rules and not relenting and leashing up when brought to her attention; her choices after that have horrible optics also but also not without some cause. Short of it is they were both just being stubborn dolts trying to prove their point instead of just walking away. Plenty of fault for both of them and no excuse for either of them. :roll:
Josh

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://disrn.com/news/cnns-van-jones-e ... -her-brain

Van Jones.

Not the Klu Klux Klan we have to fear, it’s the Hillary Clinton supporter like Karen.

And boy do we fear the Hillary Clinton supporters.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... rontation/

Karen charged with making false police report. Her name is really Amy.

Return to “Off-Topic”