Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 52

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:07 am https://summit.news/2020/11/12/target-r ... ss-racist/

Target in Minneapolis reopens with goal of being less racist.
Target is doing some serious social justice pandering. In the article it mentions people drive further away to avoid this Target and call it Tar-Ghetto. The name has more to do with the character of the shoppers than the color of their skin. We have a Ghetto Walmart that we avoid and drive to the Walmart a couple miles further away for the same reason. There is a Walgreens a block from my house that my daughter and SIL won't shop at because the "ghetto" behavior often observed in the parking lot. I still shop at it because I have been going in there for 25 years and am too lazy to drive the extra three miles to a cleaner Walgreens. Sometimes I get to see some exciting things going on. A few years back I was witness to a couple very overweight black women beating the heck out of each other in the parking lot, while their kids were all screaming beat that (female dog). So yeah, I get why some folks avoid "ghetto style" locations.

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:53 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:07 am https://summit.news/2020/11/12/target-r ... ss-racist/

Target in Minneapolis reopens with goal of being less racist.
Target is doing some serious social justice pandering. In the article it mentions people drive further away to avoid this Target and call it Tar-Ghetto. The name has more to do with the character of the shoppers than the color of their skin. We have a Ghetto Walmart that we avoid and drive to the Walmart a couple miles further away for the same reason. There is a Walgreens a block from my house that my daughter and SIL won't shop at because the "ghetto" behavior often observed in the parking lot. I still shop at it because I have been going in there for 25 years and am too lazy to drive the extra three miles to a cleaner Walgreens. Sometimes I get to see some exciting things going on. A few years back I was witness to a couple very overweight black women beating the heck out of each other in the parking lot, while their kids were all screaming beat that (female dog). So yeah, I get why some folks avoid "ghetto style" locations.
For some reason I ended up in a Getto Walmart in Southwest Houston. Fine inside a little scary in the parking lot. Anyway a checker grabbed two items and it only blipped once, I thought for a second and then mentioned that one item didn’t scan. The look of surprise on the checker was priceless. I guess she had never seen that in her whole life.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

The swamp runs deep.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=16256

Ivy League Librarians push to end police.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Does this mean we no longer have to return our library books? Asking for a friend....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by BigGuy »

I worked security at Texarkana Public Library for a year. We were right across the street from the "Friendship center," and "Mission Texarkana."
The library board was very "Progressive." I was forced to watch a video about "Libraries and the homeless." I'd love to share the unbelievable this piece of excrement I was required to watch, but they paid about $500 per view. As a member of "The Pistol Forum," I asked if anybody knew this guy and what his qualifications were. I'd Googled him and found NO actual certifications.
The PF members in the area knew of him and had little good to say of him. He is an enabler. He has a record of making bad decisions as regard to the safety of himself and those around him. (From his own videos.)
Make no mistake. These people are taking tax dollars as "Library" money and using it for a "de-facto" homeless shelter.
I don't know how many women thanked me for what I had accomplished at the library and said they were again willing to bring their children to the library. Unfortunately, the director hired a person of color a few weeks after I was hired on a full time basis. I was still part time with no benefits. Economics forced me to offer my resignation for a full time position at another job.
I went to the Christmas lunch and was honored as 6 of the 12 employees asked when "not if" (not when) I would return. As I pulled into the parking lot, I observed two individuals sitting with their mission issued lunch sitting on the planters. That is something I faced physical threats to stop. It was 15 to 20 individuals chowing down on the library property when I started. I faced many physical threats to put a stop to that. I also stopped the numerous bikers and skate boarders who seemed to think that the handicap ramp was built for their use. Never mind breaking the hip of some 80-year-old lady trying to check out a book.
I attended the Christmas lunch where 6 0f the the 12 employees asked when (not if ) I'd return. When I answered , "when it's a full time position," they rolled their eyes in an understanding motion.
Most of the folks that I came into contact with were appreciative my efforts. Hundreds of people, entering the library expressed appreciation of my efforts. But, that didn't convert into a Philosophical, nor financial commitment from the city government.
So. I'm with a different agency and homeless again use the library as a day-time homeless shelter. And mothers are again unwilling to subject their children to those conditions.
I busted my ass, saw the potential, and ultimately accomplished nothing.
I'm 64 -years-old and feel that I'm leaving a dying nothing to my children and grandchildren. I'm horrified, but can only leave it in God's hands to protect my family. I suspect it will become of a country I won't recognize.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/driver-crashe ... 30336.html

Woman arrested for not intentionally driving into a crowd of protestors in NYC.

6 protestors were injured.

Another story mentioned that they attempted to get into her car. I think possibly this is when she accelerated.

If you remember Comey said Hillary didnt commit a crime because when she erased all those emails and wiped a hard drive with a cloth that she didn’t have intent.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... ashington/

Trump supports hit black churches in Washington DC.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:59 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... ashington/

Are we sure that's not just another Smolletting false flag? I'm told by a guy who was there a few weeks ago the Trump supporters were peaceful and it was ANTIFA that was the problem in DC.

‘Defund the Police’ Activists Complain Cops Aren’t Protecting Them Enough
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:01 pm
philip964 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:59 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... ashington/

Are we sure that's not just another Smolletting false flag? I'm told by a guy who was there a few weeks ago the Trump supporters were peaceful and it was ANTIFA that was the problem in DC.

‘Defund the Police’ Activists Complain Cops Aren’t Protecting Them Enough
I meant to add something but lost the internet.

So two historic black churches had some paper or cardboard banner/signs in their front yards.
Don’t know if they were placed there officially.

Some protestors removed them and burned them in the street.

That is a black church being hit by Trump protestors per Channel 2. I think every thing is about click bait now.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 23

Post by crazy2medic »

Seems to me MSM is stirring an already boiling cauldron!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Sorry deleted duplicate post.
Last edited by philip964 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Did something happen in Oakland or is this just looting for fun and profit?

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.techinvestornews.com/Apple/ ... tore-video

No the Apple store was not set on fire in Portland.

July 8, 2021

https://news.yahoo.com/blm-floyd-protes ... 00353.html

Data shows that BLM and Floyd protests were largely peaceful.

Uh huh.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/c ... his-video/

NYC Woman arrested while back after she was blocked in her car by protestors, several put hands on her car. One looks like he is trying to climb on the hood. She had her daughter with her. So in fear of her life she hit the gas. Protestors went flying many injured. Lots of video from all angles.

DA offers her 6 days community service and one year probation for guilty plea.

She says no! Wants a trial.

Modern day hero!!

Return to “Off-Topic”