Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


powerboatr
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:53 pm
Location: North East Texas

Re: Protests - the next level?

#496

Post by powerboatr » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:35 pm

stationed or deployed overseas we were always taught to keep a few vehicle lenghts from those around you, know curb heights and your vehicles capabilities .. just like not sitting near windows that face the street and knowing where the exits are in a building.

we practice this here.
but in the Bus its harder to maintain the safe zones and you really have to be looking as far ahead as possible.
different time we are in. we still travel, but do it different .
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 133
Posts: 12593
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Protests - the next level?

#497

Post by philip964 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:32 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/matter-us-delta- ... 55661.html

Don’t switch your American Flag mask for a Blue Lives Matter face mask if a supporter of Black Lives Matter sits down next to you on a plane. You might end up being the Unnamed racist in a national news story.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 133
Posts: 12593
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Protests - the next level?

#498

Post by philip964 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:07 pm

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... nti-semite

NPR apologies for interviewing Vickie Osterweil about her new book the Case for Looting. New York Times hasn’t apologized.

See below. Anybody see anything odd about Vickie.
Attachments
708196B7-E69E-4CCD-B3CB-2B4BFCE870DE.jpeg

User avatar

PUCKER
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1472
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Grapevine, TX

Re: Protests - the next level?

#499

Post by PUCKER » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:29 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:07 pm
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... nti-semite

NPR apologies for interviewing Vickie Osterweil about her new book the Case for Looting. New York Times hasn’t apologized.

See below. Anybody see anything odd about Vickie.
Used to be / still is "Vic" - maybe? :biggrinjester: :tiphat:

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 8220
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Protests - the next level?

#500

Post by RoyGBiv » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:05 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:07 pm
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... nti-semite

NPR apologies for interviewing Vickie Osterweil about her new book the Case for Looting. New York Times hasn’t apologized.

See below. Anybody see anything odd about Vickie.
Man, I have no idea what you mean. :mrgreen:

FWIW, I support everyone living their own lives.
As long as they respect me living mine.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek


dhoobler
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX

Re: Protests - the next level?

#501

Post by dhoobler » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:19 pm

PUCKER wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:29 pm
philip964 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:07 pm
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... nti-semite

NPR apologies for interviewing Vickie Osterweil about her new book the Case for Looting. New York Times hasn’t apologized.

See below. Anybody see anything odd about Vickie.
Used to be / still is "Vic" - maybe? :biggrinjester: :tiphat:
From:
https://spectator.us/defense-looting-vicky-osterweil/
Vicky Osterweil, a trans woman who describes herself as a ‘writer, editor, and agitator’ and whose Twitter handle is ‘Vicky_ACAB’ (all cops are...
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 31
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Protests - the next level?

#502

Post by Grayling813 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:26 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:07 pm
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... nti-semite

NPR apologies for interviewing Vickie Osterweil about her new book the Case for Looting. New York Times hasn’t apologized.

See below. Anybody see anything odd about Vickie.
I see that this person suffers from at least one serious mental illness.....
“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” -Archilochus, C. 650 BC

User avatar

Rafe
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 543
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Htown

Re: Protests - the next level?

#503

Post by Rafe » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:38 pm

I've been looking for an alternative, dedicated home-defense tool, one that's modest, understated, and non-threatening looking to any angry antifa members who may be seeking a temporary release of frustration by burning and looting my neighborhood and beating or shooting its residents. It's a small caliber device, so surely it wouldn't be as scary as something like the massively powerful .45 ACP. I think I like this little thing, and it's made in Texas:

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

User avatar

E10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:07 am
Location: El Paso

Re: Protests - the next level?

#504

Post by E10 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:04 pm

I WANT ONE!!! Mount it on my Jeep. Neighborhood Rat Patrol.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 25863
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Protests - the next level?

#505

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:53 am

philip964 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:07 pm
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... nti-semite

NPR apologies for interviewing Vickie Osterweil about her new book the Case for Looting. New York Times hasn’t apologized.

See below. Anybody see anything odd about Vickie.
You mean, other than he’s a dude?
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.

User avatar

PUCKER
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1472
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Grapevine, TX

Re: Protests - the next level?

#506

Post by PUCKER » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:34 pm

E10 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:04 pm
I WANT ONE!!! Mount it on my Jeep. Neighborhood Rat Patrol.
Me too!! Mount it on my RZR.... :biggrinjester: :cheers2:


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 133
Posts: 12593
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Protests - the next level?

#507

Post by philip964 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:44 pm

PUCKER wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:34 pm
E10 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:04 pm
I WANT ONE!!! Mount it on my Jeep. Neighborhood Rat Patrol.
Me too!! Mount it on my RZR.... :biggrinjester: :cheers2:
So are these legal for us to buy?

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 13062
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Protests - the next level?

#508

Post by C-dub » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:03 pm

philip964 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:44 pm
PUCKER wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:34 pm
E10 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:04 pm
I WANT ONE!!! Mount it on my Jeep. Neighborhood Rat Patrol.
Me too!! Mount it on my RZR.... :biggrinjester: :cheers2:
So are these legal for us to buy?
I don't think so.
https://www.atf.gov/file/83561/download

However, one made before 1986 could be if you can find one and afford it and the ammunition.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider


eyedoc
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 am

Re: Protests - the next level?

#509

Post by eyedoc » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:14 pm

C-dub wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:03 pm
philip964 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:44 pm
PUCKER wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:34 pm
E10 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:04 pm
I WANT ONE!!! Mount it on my Jeep. Neighborhood Rat Patrol.
Me too!! Mount it on my RZR.... :biggrinjester: :cheers2:
So are these legal for us to buy?
I don't think so.
https://www.atf.gov/file/83561/download

However, one made before 1986 could be if you can find one and afford it and the ammunition.
A hand cranked Gatling gun is legal.

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 13062
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Protests - the next level?

#510

Post by C-dub » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:21 pm

eyedoc wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:14 pm
C-dub wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:03 pm
philip964 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:44 pm
PUCKER wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:34 pm
E10 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:04 pm
I WANT ONE!!! Mount it on my Jeep. Neighborhood Rat Patrol.
Me too!! Mount it on my RZR.... :biggrinjester: :cheers2:
So are these legal for us to buy?
I don't think so.
https://www.atf.gov/file/83561/download

However, one made before 1986 could be if you can find one and afford it and the ammunition.
A hand cranked Gatling gun is legal.
Yes, but that is not what these are.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”