New knife

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

eieio1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New knife

Post by eieio1 »

Looks stout! What is the little cut out near the handle for?
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO
NRA Instructor - Rifle and Shotgun

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Very nice. May I ask who you ordered from? I have been interested in getting a kukri for some time as well.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

parabelum
Posts in topic: 6

Post by parabelum »

Sweet pocket rig! :mrgreen:

ELB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ELB »

Dang it there you go again. Last year I searched out (on the internet) khukri makers in Nepal but couldn't quite decide on "the one" (or "the dozen") and I managed to tamp down the urge as an expenditure I didn't really need to make. So of course you throw this out there and now I'm falling off the wagon. :totap:

Those are pretty reasonable prices on the website, too.... :mrgreen:
USAF 1982-2005

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 3

Post by PUCKER »

Very nice, Andy!!

So, every time I smoke a Ghurka Cigar, it's hard to not think of the knife...and the Ghurka soldiers. :tiphat:

ELB

Post by ELB »

Certainly to cut the cap off of a Ghurka cigar you need a khukri. Or at least the little back up knife, the karda.
USAF 1982-2005

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 3

Post by PUCKER »

Andy - I happen to have a few in my possession! Every Tuesday, like clockwork (because I have not been traveling in awhile and most likely will not be for the foreseeable future) - back table of Tap In...starting at 5 pm on Tuesdays, Main St. Grapevine. Just give me a heads-up and I'll make sure to have one (or two) with me...car, gun guys, fun group!

This is my favorite Ghurka, sadly, I do not have any of these on me (vanished into smoke??)...
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/g ... s/1412458/

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Yours is pretty. I have one that I inherited from my material grandfather that is probably WWII vintage but it looks exactly like yours, little knives in the scabbard and all. it was dull looking when I got it and I haven't really tried to do anything to clean it up. I can remember carrying it around at my grandfather's place when I was around 14 years old. The amazing thing about it is that swinging it feels much different than a regular machete. I was worried about even having it until Texas passed the laws relaxing blade length. I figured that I could get away with calling it an antique.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:47 pm To keep blood off the handle.
I thought you were going to say "to open my beer." :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”