Where's the Line, What's the Cause?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
imkopaka
Posts in topic: 1

Where's the Line, What's the Cause?

Post by imkopaka »

A buddy of mine on Facebook the other day posted some comments about starting White Lives Matter and mobilizing patriots to counter some of the...less patriotic movements in America right now. I told him that his message would be lost immediately under a tidal wave of racism accusations (which would be perfectly true and reasonable IMO; if you need a skin color in there, it's racist).

He asked me (my paraphrase), "if not this cause, then what cause? What is the cause you WILL get behind; where is the line that, when crossed, will get you to move?"

I had no answer other than, "I don't know, but I sure pray I'll know it when I see it, and that millions of others will, too."

So I have a question for those who've weathered more winters than I, who know more history than I, or who have a closer walk with the Lord than I (none of which are that hard to do, sadly):

In your opinion - where is the line, and for what cause would you take up arms?
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Where's the Line, What's the Cause?

Post by parabelum »

My front porch, the safety of my family and myself.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Just about everyone has a line.

I’m not posting mine on a public forum.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

In the American Revolution it was Lexington and Concord, Texas Independence it was Gonzales, Every conflict for Freedom has a Triggering Event, they all took place when Emotions were running high and the enemy went a step too far! With our current Social Tension, the triggering event could be anything where the loonies go to far! My 2cents
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

cirus

Post by cirus »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:27 am Just about everyone has a line.

I’m not posting mine on a public forum.
:iagree:
You'll know when I reach it.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I've taken a few solemn oaths in my life which are still in effect. That's my line and cause.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

My definite do not cross line right now, is my home, my family, or me, wherever I happen to be. All of the rioting we have seen in parts of the country, does not trigger me. The erosion of our country began long before these people took to the streets, in our schools and colleges, where they were bombarded with propaganda, and communistic values.

The movement is losing steam, because there has been no retaliatory strikes against these people from the right. That was their main objective, to try to get the "gun nuts" mobilized, to go crazy and shoot a bunch of indoctrinated, young people. That was why the Chaz/Chop thing failed. They started destroying themselves from within, and lost the narrative, and since they got little or no pushback from the right, it was no longer sustainable. Trump has let this play out, and while he may have talked tough, he never sent in Federal troops to take it back. It has exposed the left for exactly who they are, He has gotten the left to defend, MS-13, Looters, Rioters, Dictators, Terrorists, and Sex Offenders. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

As long as they remain peaceful about it, I 100% support BLM members' 1st Amendment right to protest in favor of their message.....EVEN IF I don’t agree with all of their message. I DO agree with them that black lives matter. I can even understand that many black Americans believe the same about white lives. I also understand that for many members of BLM, all they really want is an acknowledgement from white Americans that black lives DO matter.

That’s the part of BLM that I understand, and that I do not find particularly offensive. The rest of it is Marxist psychobabble, and aimed squarely at tearing down the nation.

What’s MY line in the sand? Don’t START none, and there won’t BE none.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Lives Matter.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:52 pm As long as they remain peaceful about it, I 100% support BLM members' 1st Amendment right to protest in favor of their message.....EVEN IF I don’t agree with all of their message. I DO agree with them that black lives matter. I can even understand that many black Americans believe the same about white lives. I also understand that for many members of BLM, all they really want is an acknowledgement from white Americans that black lives DO matter.

That’s the part of BLM that I understand, and that I do not find particularly offensive. The rest of it is Marxist psychobabble, and aimed squarely at tearing down the nation.

What’s MY line in the sand? Don’t START none, and there won’t BE none.
I do not think I could have said this any better.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

:iagree: As he usually is, TAM is spot on.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

howdy

Post by howdy »

Need to start a TAM for President line.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

howdy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:38 pm Need to start a TAM for President line.
Nah, don't want him to leave Texas. Although I have agreed with TAM more during the coronavirus situation than the person occupying the executive mansion in Austin.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Flightmare wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:48 pm
howdy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:38 pm Need to start a TAM for President line.
Nah, don't want him to leave Texas. Although I have agreed with TAM more during the coronavirus situation than the person occupying the executive mansion in Austin.
TAM FOR PRESIDENT OF TEXAS! VIVA TEXAS!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

oljames3 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:58 am I've taken a few solemn oaths in my life which are still in effect. That's my line and cause.
Amen. :patriot:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Off-Topic”