Where's the Line, What's the Cause?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Where's the Line, What's the Cause?

Post by Jeff B. »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:52 pm As long as they remain peaceful about it, I 100% support BLM members' 1st Amendment right to protest in favor of their message.....EVEN IF I don’t agree with all of their message. I DO agree with them that black lives matter. I can even understand that many black Americans believe the same about white lives. I also understand that for many members of BLM, all they really want is an acknowledgement from white Americans that black lives DO matter.

That’s the part of BLM that I understand, and that I do not find particularly offensive. The rest of it is Marxist psychobabble, and aimed squarely at tearing down the nation.

What’s MY line in the sand? Don’t START none, and there won’t BE none.
I do too... but, that's not good enough. And, it will be the downfall of the culture.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:55 pm
Flightmare wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:48 pm
howdy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:38 pm Need to start a TAM for President line.
Nah, don't want him to leave Texas. Although I have agreed with TAM more during the coronavirus situation than the person occupying the executive mansion in Austin.
TAM FOR PRESIDENT OF TEXAS! VIVA TEXAS!
While I certainly appreciate the sentiments, you guys don’t really want me for POTUS. I used to smoke weed.....and I definitely inhaled. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Flightmare wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:15 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:52 pm As long as they remain peaceful about it, I 100% support BLM members' 1st Amendment right to protest in favor of their message.....EVEN IF I don’t agree with all of their message. I DO agree with them that black lives matter. I can even understand that many black Americans believe the same about white lives. I also understand that for many members of BLM, all they really want is an acknowledgement from white Americans that black lives DO matter.

That’s the part of BLM that I understand, and that I do not find particularly offensive. The rest of it is Marxist psychobabble, and aimed squarely at tearing down the nation.

I do not think I could have said this any better.

BLM is not about saving black lives. If they believed black lives mattered, they would focus their platform on the thousands that die at the hands of other blacks every year. Not the 80 or so that die each year,while committing felonies, at the hands of cops. There is no "all they really want" with it's members. Let's be honest. They want whitey on their knees or dead and if they need to use a few gullible whites to get this they will. There is no satisfying them. It is a terrorist organization with the goal of over turning the government of the USA. Democrats are using them to gain power and get elected. The majority of contributions to BLM on their web site go to the DNC. I don't support them or anything they stand for.

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:52 pm As long as they remain peaceful about it, I 100% support BLM members' 1st Amendment right to protest in favor of their message.....
There is nothing peaceful about a BLM protest. Screaming through bullhorns into peoples faces, knocking down public monuments and beating anyone senseless that might dare wear the wrong hat or T shirt is not peaceful.

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:52 pm That’s the part of BLM that I understand, and that I do not find particularly offensive. The rest of it is Marxist psychobabble, and aimed squarely at tearing down the nation.
This is the same as saying you support the KKK because they believe in giving toys to poor kids at Christmas.

The Annoyed Man

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:45 am

BLM is not about saving black lives. If they believed black lives mattered, they would focus their platform on the thousands that die at the hands of other blacks every year. Not the 80 or so that die each year,while committing felonies, at the hands of cops. There is no "all they really want" with it's members. Let's be honest. They want whitey on their knees or dead and if they need to use a few gullible whites to get this they will. There is no satisfying them. It is a terrorist organization with the goal of over turning the government of the USA. Democrats are using them to gain power and get elected. The majority of contributions to BLM on their web site go to the DNC. I don't support them or anything they stand for.

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:52 pm As long as they remain peaceful about it, I 100% support BLM members' 1st Amendment right to protest in favor of their message.....
There is nothing peaceful about a BLM protest. Screaming through bullhorns into peoples faces, knocking down public monuments and beating anyone senseless that might dare wear the wrong hat or T shirt is not peaceful.

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:52 pm That’s the part of BLM that I understand, and that I do not find particularly offensive. The rest of it is Marxist psychobabble, and aimed squarely at tearing down the nation.
This is the same as saying you support the KKK because they believe in giving toys to poor kids at Christmas.
Dude, re-read the part I emphasized above in read, and resist the temptation to read something into my post that I did NOT say. And comparing me to the the KKK. REALLY???? :roll:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:26 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:45 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:52 pm As long as they remain peaceful about it[/size], I 100% support BLM members' 1st Amendment right to protest in favor of their message.....EVEN IF I don’t agree with all of their message. I DO agree with them that black lives matter. I can even understand that many black Americans believe the same about white lives. I also understand that for many members of BLM, all they really want is an acknowledgement from white Americans that black lives DO matter.

That’s the part of BLM that I understand, and that I do not find particularly offensive.
The rest of it is Marxist psychobabble, and aimed squarely at tearing down the nation.

Dude, re-read the part I emphasized above in read, and resist the temptation to read something into my post that I did NOT say. And comparing me to the the KKK. REALLY???? :roll:

Yes, REALLY! Just want you to know, you won't have my vote. :mrgreen: And you might want to take your own advice and not read into my post that I compared YOU to the KKK. I did not compare YOU to the KKK. I compared a sentiment you expressed with expressing a similar sentiment concerning the KKK. I stand by it.

If you re-read my comments and the text I quoted from your post, you might realize I was simply
expressing my sentiments concerning a few of the comments you made.

The Annoyed Man

Sigh....... whatever. A large part of grace is being willing not to have the last word. Go ahead, take your best shot. I won’t respond any further.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

#TINVOWOOT

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Can we all just get along and stick to kicking Libs butts (figuratively speaking of course :biggrinjester: ).

Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texas_Blaze »

I’d post what I think but:

1). nobody cares
2). it won’t change anything
3). I’d get cancelled from this forum for my poor form of expression

so...I’ll just watch, for now
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Return to “Off-Topic”