Kamala Harris

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kamala Harris

Post by parabelum »

That we have come to this point in this Country is shameful and greatly disrespectful to the true cause for equality and civil rights pioneered by Dr.King.

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pushpullpete »

philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:56 pm
pushpullpete wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:55 am
philip964 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:08 pm
92f-fan wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:48 am Its a rough question to ask in public, but Im curious. She has Jamaican and indian parents. So genetically she is half of each. But she gets to pick being either Black or Indian as it serves her ? Confused.
Follow up, can she call herself "African American " if she is from Jamaica ? I know that Jamaican ancestors came from Africa, but if we are able to pick continents from thousands of years ago wouldn't we also be able to go back further than Africa ? Maybe include Pangea ? Pangean-American would be MUCH more inclusive.

These days people "identify" as all kinds of things so maybe nothing should surprise me any more.
I guess Im easily confused by the current process of picking and choosing your ancestry and your orientation from a grab bag.
All this PC stuff drives me crazy ...
https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a2 ... is-father/

Picture of her father. I believe he belives he is African Irish. Her mom is 100% Indian. So that would make her 50% Indian, 25% Irish 25% African.

I would be interesting if she did a Ancestry DNA test before the election.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:9240201328 Says she has used both for some time. Went to a historically black college.

Supposedly her mom raised her Black. So she identifies as Black. She was born in the US so she could call herself African American, Euro American or Indian American. I find it interesting that no one wants to use their "white privilege" but prefer to express their minor African or Native American roots.

Bold, Red is mine.
I don't care for her either way, however, I thought her mother was from the country of India, NOT Native American ?

:txflag: :patriot:
In that sentence I did not mean Harris. In general it seems that some people of mixed race tend to express their heritage as anything but White. Obama is 50/50 but expressed this heritage as black. Liz Warren is 0% Native American, but expressed her heritage as Native American. It is so odd since White has so many privileges in America and throughout the world.
Gotcha Sir, Thank You. Not saying that you are, but she & others refer to themselves as African American, Mexican American,European American etc. etc. . . How are people born in more than one place/country ? I understand American w African heritage and so on. I find it
hard to understand why people have to pigeon hole themselves or anyone else. I believe that in itself serves to do little more than to
perpetuate racial bias in general. I feel that those who demand to be recognized as white American, black American, brown American etc. . are working toward separating Americans in general and are NOT wanting our country to survive. Yeah, that's a surprise.
Sorry, too early for this. Y'all have a GREAT DAY.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

pushpullpete wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:56 pm Gotcha Sir, Thank You. Not saying that you are, but she & others refer to themselves as African American, Mexican American,European American etc. etc. . . How are people born in more than one place/country ? I understand American w African heritage and so on. I find it
hard to understand why people have to pigeon hole themselves or anyone else. I believe that in itself serves to do little more than to
perpetuate racial bias in general. I feel that those who demand to be recognized as white American, black American, brown American etc. . are working toward separating Americans in general and are NOT wanting our country to survive. Yeah, that's a surprise.
Sorry, too early for this. Y'all have a GREAT DAY.

I agree. I have personally never agreed with hyphenating based on the origin of your ancestors. If a person has dual citizenship, it makes sense to hyphenate. Charlize Theron for example has dual citizenship. She was born in Benoni, South Africa and has obtained US citizenship. She is a literal "African American". But there are those who would argue that saying that is racist on my part.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Post by philip964 »

Vote!!
Attachments
36D3BF80-C9EF-47E0-AFF1-AF15DCE4659E.jpeg
D6E1EA7C-6FF1-4544-AC7A-1962407B32C9.jpeg

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/not-hidden-racis ... 07322.html

pronouncing her name incorrectly is racist.

its Kamala (comma la) so you won't be racist.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

philip964 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:01 am https://news.yahoo.com/not-hidden-racis ... 07322.html

pronouncing her name incorrectly is racist.

its Kamala (comma la) so you won't be racist.
I don't use her given name when referring to her anyway.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Ruark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ruark »

Dont forget - her husband is lily white. So if she runs short on privilege, maybe she can cop some of his.
-Ruark

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

Unbelievable that a political candidate, especially the VP candidate would say that on video.

I pray for our country and the Republic daily.

gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

92f-fan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 92f-fan »

like other posters here, Im confused as to how one gets to pick which country they identify as coming from ... Im about 50/50 german and Irish, I wouldn't just pick one and say Im only German, or mostly german. That makes so sense. If you consider my attitude Im more German, if you consider my freckles, and my affinty for beer, Im more Irish. Im both, always will be, and always will carry the best and worst of BOTH to every interaction.

Maybe we should all pick "non binary " as our race to make things easier with less drama. ;-)

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

92f-fan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:28 pm like other posters here, Im confused as to how one gets to pick which country they identify as coming from ... Im about 50/50 german and Irish, I wouldn't just pick one and say Im only German, or mostly german. That makes so sense. If you consider my attitude Im more German, if you consider my freckles, and my affinty for beer, Im more Irish. Im both, always will be, and always will carry the best and worst of BOTH to every interaction.

Maybe we should all pick "non binary " as our race to make things easier with less drama. ;-)
I thought I was German/Irish. But I took that Ancestry DNA test. I’m much less German than I thought. Irish/English/German/French/Norway/Corsican.

Apparently those pirates and Vikings got around.

And Germans can put away beer.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/kamala-ha ... istration/

Refers to Harris Administration.

Too many late night meetings discussing what they will do after Joe is gone?

Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

:patriot: I'll call it as I see her. She wants to send someone to my door to get my guns, she better be real hungry because she will be here awhile. I'm not their huckleberry. I've got alot of time on my hands lately. Come on and getcha some. Vote like your life is on the line , because it might be.
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

srothstein
Posts in topic: 4

Post by srothstein »

philip964 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:07 pm https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/kamala-ha ... istration/

I don't think they will wait that long. Remember this is the group that was trying to get Trump removed as medically unfit. If I understand the law correctly, if something happens to the party presidential nominee between the convention and election day, the party gets to name the candidate. If something happens to the president-elect, the vice president-elect moves up. It would not surprise me to see that come into play this election.
Steve Rothstein

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

srothstein wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 pm
philip964 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:07 pm https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/kamala-ha ... istration/

I don't think they will wait that long. Remember this is the group that was trying to get Trump removed as medically unfit. If I understand the law correctly, if something happens to the party presidential nominee between the convention and election day, the party gets to name the candidate. If something happens to the president-elect, the vice president-elect moves up. It would not surprise me to see that come into play this election.
And here you have it. The ONLY thing that would stop this scenario is an overwhelming Trump win on election night. Even then, expect perfunctory challenge of the results. But if the results are obvious enough, they probably wouldn't throw in their candidate's senility as they challenged the results. That could wait a few months if they were successful in producing enough "mail in" votes to swing the election.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Charlotta Spears Bass was the wife of Joseph Blackburn Bass. He was a journalist. She owned the paper.

Return to “Off-Topic”