TX: Bexar County Democrat DA wants to indict "federal officials" for "election interference"

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Bexar County Democrat DA wants to indict "federal officials" for "election interference"

Post by ELB »

The Bexar County DA just formally asked the Texas AG if he can prosecute federal officials who "Knowingly Violate Texas Election Code Laws in an Attempt to Disenfranchise Texas Voters."

He says he's been told the feds are dumping mail machines and services in Bexar County to purposely prevent older Bexar Voters from mailing in ballots.

https://www2.texasattorneygeneral.gov/o ... 0376KP.pdf

Uh huh.

ETA: I hope the AG opines on the hazards of DAs politicizing their powers in pursuit of political gain.
USAF 1982-2005

powerboatr

Re: TX: Bexar County Democrat DA wants to indict "federal officials" for "election interference"

Post by powerboatr »

lawsuit based on her say...cracks me up
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Soccerdad1995

Re: TX: Bexar County Democrat DA wants to indict "federal officials" for "election interference"

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I'm trying to follow the "logic" in her letter.

She is saying that Federal employees who are not responsible for conducting elections in Texas may be violating Texas law related to the conduct of an election that is 2 months away because they have already made decisions that could negatively impact in some small way the ability of some voters in her county to vote 2 months from now. Namely voters who wait until the last minute to mail in their ballot, and who choose not to vote in person. Maybe its just me, but this seems to be a bit of a stretch.

I wonder if she's also planning to go after any state or local government officials who reduce speed limits anywhere in her county within 2 months of any election. After all, a 5 mph drop in a speed limit just might be the difference between getting to the polling place on time vs a minute late for those voters who wait until the last possible minute to try and vote. Don't even get me started on adding stoplights or stop signs.

By the same logic, she herself would be guilty of election interference if she conducts any legal action against a Citizen who is eligible to vote. The time that Citizen spends responding to such an action is time they could otherwise spend registering to vote, or filling out a ballot, or driving to a polling place.

Return to “Off-Topic”