No place but New York- subway rider and police officer murdered

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Re: No place but New York

Post by srothstein »

Paladin wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:41 pmGofundme has chosen the side of evil.
And this is not the first time. This has become their normal pattern of behavior. I refuse to support anything on gofundme, based on this pattern and their outrageous fee collections.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 72

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25/us/brook ... index.html

Brooklyn reverend robbed of one million in jewelry while preaching in church. Later shows up to police station in $400 k Rolls Royce. He says he is a Bishop.

Spent 5 years in prison for identity theft, but saw the light.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

NYC shop employee charged in deadly stabbing of homeless man who violently attacked elderly manager: report

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-shop-emp ... ger-report

Paladin
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Paladin »

Bodega clerk Jose Alba ditching NYC for Dominican Republic after murder charge dropped

Jose Alba isn't the only one fleeing NYC. From what I'm told many long time residents are reaching for the eject button.

There is no justice here until the criminal woman that stabbed him is behind bars.
Last edited by Paladin on Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

It will get worse for the city. Cops are no longer waiting to get their pensions before leaving. Over 2,000 this year have quit or retired (includes early retirements) so far. I do need to point out that they have around 35,000 (well 33,000 now), so it is not as bad as 2,000 leaving a Texas city would be. For a size comparison, in 2018 (the last year I could find data for) San Antonio PD had an authorized strength of only 2,407 officers, and it was ten percent (238) short.
Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:11 pm It will get worse for the city. Cops are no longer waiting to get their pensions before leaving. Over 2,000 this year have quit or retired (includes early retirements) so far. I do need to point out that they have around 35,000 (well 33,000 now), so it is not as bad as 2,000 leaving a Texas city would be. For a size comparison, in 2018 (the last year I could find data for) San Antonio PD had an authorized strength of only 2,407 officers, and it was ten percent (238) short.
You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop in todays political climate. Politicians are just waiting with bar-b-que sauce to put cops on the grille. What I am praying for is that the vast majority of police and military personal ignore orders to start stomping on Americans. It is coming folks.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:57 am
srothstein wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:11 pm It will get worse for the city. Cops are no longer waiting to get their pensions before leaving. Over 2,000 this year have quit or retired (includes early retirements) so far. I do need to point out that they have around 35,000 (well 33,000 now), so it is not as bad as 2,000 leaving a Texas city would be. For a size comparison, in 2018 (the last year I could find data for) San Antonio PD had an authorized strength of only 2,407 officers, and it was ten percent (238) short.
You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop in todays political climate. Politicians are just waiting with bar-b-que sauce to put cops on the grille. What I am praying for is that the vast majority of police and military personal ignore orders to start stomping on Americans. It is coming folks.
There is some good news on this front. Knowing the political climate, there are good cops out there who still want to be cops. Departments that treat their men even halfway decently are still getting applicants to fill their slots. The very best cops don't mind the politics too much (even as they complain about it) because deep down they don't think they will get in trouble and if it is a real mistake and they do something, they deserve the punishment. A couple months ago, a friend called me needing some part time help in his department. I am about 90% of the way through the state mandated application procedure to be a reserve detective in a small town. The stupid part is that the pay rate is 0 per hour.

The bad news is that I am no longer sure that the majority of the cops will not obey orders. I used to think 90% of the street cops and 10% of the administrators would tell the politicians where to go. I am now thinking it would be about 50-50 on the street cops. We have too many young guys who have been cops less than 10 years and were raised and indoctrinated in the current school system.

On the military side, I am thinking it will come down to the senior NCOs and the field grade officers. The flag officers have become way too politicized to say no, and the company grade officers and lower enlisted ranks have still been too well indoctrinated with the obey orders philosophy that is truly critical to the military. I think (with no evidence to back it up) that the combat arms branches (infantry, artillery, armor) will tend to be more conservative politically and more likely to sit out the civil war (at least at first). The support service branches (supply, etc.) will be more likely to obey orders and try to fill in for the combat guys. Those that survive will become very good at their jobs and do it with a passion as they remember the friends who did not make it.

Just my personal opinion, of course. And as I said, there is no evidence to back it up. I do recall the 29 Palms survey and its semi-shocking results that would lead me to say I am overly optimistic.
Steve Rothstein

Rafe
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Rafe »

Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York, police confirm
https://abc13.com/salman-rushdie-attack ... /12120036/
Salman Rushdie [75, born Mumbai, India] was attacked Friday as he was about to give a lecture in western New York....

Rushdie suffered an apparent stab wound to the neck, according to New York State Police, and was transported by helicopter to an area hospital....

Rushdie's book "The Satanic Verses" has been banned in Iran since 1988, as many Muslims consider it to be blasphemous. A year later, Iran's late leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini issued a fatwa, or edict, calling for Rushdie's death....

Iran's government has long since distanced itself from Khomeini's decree, but anti-Rushdie sentiment lingered. In 2012, a semi-official Iranian religious foundation raised the bounty for Rushdie from $2.8 million to $3.3 million.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2022/08/18/sex-offen ... s-reduced/

Sex offender who sucker punched a man who ended up in a coma in the hospital released without bail.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:09 pm https://nypost.com/2022/08/18/sex-offen ... s-reduced/

Sex offender who sucker punched a man who ended up in a coma in the hospital released without bail.
Clownworld
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/2-black ... 00981.html

2 female teens charged with hate crime after beating white woman enough to put her in the hospital.

Note to self: avoid taking a bus.

It says hate crimes have been spiking as well against black and brown people as well.

I guess I missed those specific news reports unless black on black or brown assault is a hate crime.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:09 pm https://nypost.com/2022/08/18/sex-offen ... s-reduced/

Turns out this yahoo was out on something New York calls "permanent parole" after sex offense convictions and something like 10 arrests. Fox reported this afternoon that he's back in custody and the NY governor is intervening to press for an explanation as to why he was released after being arrested for this heinous, unprovoked attack. Even the NY dem governor evidently has limits about catch-and-release. Well, maybe she does...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2022/08/20/democrats ... stay-safe/

Apparently NYC bail policies have negatively affected black and brown areas of the city while affluent white areas remain unchanged.

So rather than equalizing the city as they promised 8 years ago the policy has even more separated the city by race

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... sfire.html

Accountant father murdered in lobby of Marriot hotel on Parents weekend while visiting his college student.

Got caught in shootout between two homeless men staying at the hotel ( don’t know if paid for by govt ).

For gun free NY state this gets pretty good: 30 round mags, Glock switches and tannerite. Homeless people are getting all the good stuff now.

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wheelgun1958 »

No mugshots?

Return to “Off-Topic”