No place but the Netherlands (Holland, Dutch)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 6

No place but the Netherlands (Holland, Dutch)

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/huge-whales-tail ... 11369.html

Art installation of large whale tails, saves passenger train from going in water.

Photo looks totally fake but apparently it’s real.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: No place but the Netherlands (Holland, Dutch)

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:46 am https://news.yahoo.com/huge-whales-tail ... 11369.html

Art installation of large whale tails, saves passenger train from going in water.

I have some friends from the Netherlands. They are real.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

WildBill wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:14 pm
philip964 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:46 am https://news.yahoo.com/huge-whales-tail ... 11369.html

Amsterdam is a treat. I’d like to go back and spend more time hanging out watching passerby’s on bicycles. They have bicycle parking garages in Amsterdam. Rembrandt’s night watch is there and the Dutch masters cigar box painting as well. But you have to travel to The Hague to see the girl with the pearl earring. ( really better than the Mona Lisa, sorry Leonardo)

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:52 pm

Amsterdam is a treat. I’d like to go back and spend more time hanging out watching passerby’s on bicycles. They have bicycle parking garages in Amsterdam. Rembrandt’s night watch is there and the Dutch masters cigar box painting as well. But you have to travel to The Hague to see the girl with the pearl earring. ( really better than the Mona Lisa, sorry Leonardo)
Unfortunately, I only had a ahort layover in Amsterdam, so the only thing I got to see was the airport. I did get to spend a day in Paris, but didn't visit the Louvre.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

WildBill wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:45 pm
philip964 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:52 pm

Unfortunately, I only had a ahort layover in Amsterdam, so the only thing I got to see was the airport. I did get to spend a day in Paris, but didn't visit the Louvre.
Amsterdam has a really bad airport, way too much walking. Spent two days in Amsterdam, would have liked to have spent way more time there. It would be a very cool place to live. There are plans to restrict tourists. Every young person in Europe wants to live in Amsterdam. The wildlife in Amsterdam is really amazing. I suspect it is pricey to live there. Paris is nice. Montmartre was my favorite part of Paris.

RSX11
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RSX11 »

But you have to travel to The Hague to see the girl with the pearl earring
But the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam does have a couple of other famous Vermeers.

Amsterdam is a lot of fun to visit. The people are friendly and not hostile to Americans.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

RSX11 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:54 pm
But you have to travel to The Hague to see the girl with the pearl earring
But the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam does have a couple of other famous Vermeers.

Amsterdam is a lot of fun to visit. The people are friendly and not hostile to Americans.
Riijksmuseum does have girl pouring milk.

I did find one young lady who was hostile. Apparently I’m not allowed to be a tourist in the red light district. Those windows are actually doors. Who knew? I have it on video if someone speaks Dutch and wants to translate.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

So this is weird and disturbing. Holland wants its farmers to have less cattle, so they produce less nitrogen. Nitrogen is already 80% of the atmosphere. Not sure if this is a climate thing or what.

Since I regularly eat cattle when I am hungry, I assume this means less cattle for Holland to eat, or they are like Xiden and want them to buy it from other countries.

Anyway the Dutch farmers are protesting and dumping manure everywhere in protest. Now being fired upon by police. In someways reminds me of Jan 6 here. Real complaint, protest, not really violent and being shot at.

What do the Dutch plan to eat?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/netherlands- ... ons/365787

Holland to pay millions of pounds to pay slavery reparations.

I think it was Holland that was really bad in Africa, some leader of theirs really went Atila the Hun on parts of Africa and its people.

So would the slavery reparations go to Americans? Cool!

Return to “Off-Topic”