Temporary Sub-forum

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Temporary Sub-forum

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This is a temporary sub-forum for election-related discussions. They have been getting buried in the General Gun, Shooting & Equipment section and it will be easier to follow them here. At some point after the election is over, I will move all of the posts to the General section and delete this temporary sub-forum.

Chas.

KBCraig
Banned

Re: Temporary Sub-forum

Post by KBCraig »

Instead of moving and deleting, I'd suggest just locking it after the election season. Create a new category for locked forums, and move locked, out-of-date forums there.

New sub-threads can be created for each election or legislative cycle, then locked/moved when they're obsolete.

txgho1911

Re: Temporary Sub-forum

Post by txgho1911 »

Charles,
I agree with keeping the temp subforums intact. I would suggest a new subforum "elections and voting" with an archive sub within this. Then move the "elections - 2008" in whole within the archive and lock it.
I would then start the next election subs and general discussion forums withing "elections and voting".

There are certain topics that could fit and possibly turn productive in an activism way. Reform of voting system and procedures along with closing the open primary so we don't get saddled with rhinos on the ballot in the future.
Grassroots action is now called for. Closing this part of the board to non members may also be called for to protect the integrity of these discussions.

To amend the above I would recommend put the archive under legislative and include past years legislative subforums as well.
http://thenewamericana.com/ instead of Drudge

Return to “Federal - 2008”