Obama's brother speaks about Obama's "muslim background"

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lawrnk
Posts in topic: 1

Obama's brother speaks about Obama's "muslim background"

Post by lawrnk »

I thought this was interesting. This muslim garb was long before his political career.

http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/P ... /12918.htm

This picture is from 23 years ago.

ETA: One of these days the jews are going to wake up and realize that they need to break tradition, and stop voting with the DNC. What has to happen to Israel before they realize it is the conservatives are the only ones looking out for them and the holy land??
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

KBCraig
Banned

Re: Obama's brother speaks about Obama's "muslim background"

Post by KBCraig »

That is Kenyan garb. There is no such thing as "Muslim garb". Islam doesn't prescribe any particular clothing. Muslims in Africa, Arabia, and Asia (from SW to Pacific) dress quite differently.

Trainman

Post by Trainman »

KBCraig wrote:That is Kenyan garb. There is no such thing as "Muslim garb". Islam doesn't prescribe any particular clothing. Muslims in Africa, Arabia, and Asia (from SW to Pacific) dress quite differently.
Regardless, the reference is to the caption under the picture in the article:
"Malik holds a photo of Obama and him in Muslim dress, reportedly when the two first met in 1985"

Even more revealing is what is in the last 2 paragraphs:
Melanie Phillips is the most recent commentator to draw attention to the massive body of evidence that leaves no doubt that Barak Hussein Obama was born a Muslim (Islam is patrilineal) and raised a Muslim (so registered in school, acknowledging attending Islamic classes, reported accompanying his step-father to the mosque, and able to recite the Koran in the original Arabic).

Reuven Koret, Aaron Klein and Daniel Pipes have previously pointed to the attempts by Obama and his campaign to conceal the candidate's Muslim background. The well documented evidence draws upon the on-the-ground interviews by researchers in Indonesia and Kenya, published quotations of Obama's childhood friends and his school records, as well as the candidate's own autobiography.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I always thoughts a mans religion was what he declared himself to be. Not was what he was born to be.
He claims to be born again. I'll take him at his word just as would and any other man who claims Christ as his Saviour.

No I will never vote for this man. I don't like most of what he has to say. But it kinda bugs me when folks can't accept that a man can't convert into Christianity. Its really the basis of everything that I believe in.

Mods if I'm off topic please do what you need to do ..
Thanks
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

57Coastie

Post by 57Coastie »

IMHO, you are not off topic, Liberty, although someone else may be. You are simply saying that "Liberty" amounts to a lot more than just your screen name.

Jim

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Liberty wrote:I always thoughts a mans religion was what he declared himself to be. Not was what he was born to be.
He claims to be born again. I'll take him at his word just as would and any other man who claims Christ as his Saviour.
I despise the man's politics, and I question his sincerity on a number of issues, but if he says he's a born-again Christian, then I have to believe him until I see otherwise.

The problem for me is that many people speak of Obama as if he were a prophet or a messianic figure. The Owner's Manual says "15 Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. (Matthew 7:15-17)" We will know definitively one way or the by the fruit he bears if he is elected.

Either way, I need to stock up on ammunition.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I can not understand how anyone can claim to be born again and vote for abortion.

You simply can not justify it and it is the ultimate hypocrisy.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

No discussion of religion is allowed, even in the off-topic section. The thread is being locked.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Federal - 2008”