So Obama is up by 10+ points?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 3

Re: So Obama is up by 10+ points?

Post by Purplehood »

KD5NRH wrote:
Purplehood wrote:I believe in the need for Universal Health Care/Socialized Medicine. (LEFT)
I believe in the need for consistency: if the right to life means that taxpayers should bear the cost, then the right to bear arms means the taxpayers should also provide firearms and ammunition to every law abiding citizen.
I cannot conceive any rational/emotional reason that one believes we shouldn't offer health-care to every legal resident of the United States. There are hard-working folks in this country that don't stand on street-corners asking for handouts or spend their welfare check on drugs/booze; that simply cannot afford health-care. So yes, I do see health-care as a right. It is one of the things that our taxes should be spent on. I can also think of a much longer list of items that our taxes should not be spent on. That list might begin with spending funds on publishing books, documents and translations into languages other than English by government entities. The only exception should be a school district offering an elective class in a given language.

I also tend to ignore arguments that use the "if/then" fallacy as rationale. Good health is not voluntary. The right to bear arms is. It is something we choose to exercise or not. I uphold the right for you or me to choose.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

I do agree that there are many places the govt should quit wasting money & the ones you stated are a good stat.

My wife & I are 2 of those you spoke of who do not stand on the corners, waste money on liquor, drugs.... Work & right now do have some insurance. We have spent well over half of our married life w/o insurance. 39yrs married - 9 yrs w/ insurance. We have nearly 3 yrs running now.

When we did not have insurance affordable insurance was not one of my fundamental rights no matter what Ann Richardson or Hussain Obama say.

The rational & unemotional reason that I (not believe) but I KNOW the social govt should not offer health care to me or any other legal citizen of this nation is because no one individual owes me a living. Neither does any collective group of people owe me a living & that includes the dwindling group call taxpayers.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Purplehood »

Longtooth, I am surprised that you would say that. But I respect it.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Thank you sir & I respect the right of any & all to hold & voice the far left leaning oppinions also.
I am not only a Strict Constitutionalist but also a very faithful supporter of the final words of the signers our Declaration of Independance.
They pledged their live, THEIR FORTUNES, & their sacred honor. None of these men lost that honor.

Many lost their lives. Several in the fight. I believe 5 captured & excicuted for Treason.
(the difference in a Trator & a Patriot Hero is who won the war.)

Virtually all of those 56 signers were wealthy wealthy men. They financed the war for my freedom with their own money, never telling King George or President Washington that they were owed anything as repayment after the war.

There are many, Many, MANY, Strict Constitutionalists today who hold to original intent of the governing document. There is an infantecimal # of Americans left that really believe the govt owes us absolutely nothing.
The more the govt helps those who are "intitled to it" the heavier the chains are for me to drag.

I have not posted in this thread for the reasons that are obvious in the above 2.
I will now sign out & faithfully remain there.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

boomerang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by boomerang »

Hillary's revenge?

"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

SCone
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SCone »

Group insurance for the individual?

Join a network marketing company, not to be a rep, just to get the insurance. Many of them have a pretty good deal on group health rates.

Join a professional organization. Many offer group health.

Start a small business. There are various group health coalitions available to the small business owner.

Join the NRA. They have insurers that offer discount rates to the membership.

Whatever you do, it's seems to be best to get your insurance as a group rather than an individual.

So join a group.

Return to “Federal - 2008”