Does Palin have a dark secret?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Does Palin have a dark secret?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote:We should not expect political figures to be perfect since only one man who graced the earth was perfect.
Can I get an "Amen?"
We should expect honesty. I have kept up with these issues the last few days and Sarah Palin has not lied about anything. She sweats more integrity than the other three on the national ticket put together.
Can I get a witness?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Bart
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bart »

drw wrote:But to have a 17 year old daughter become pregnant out of wedlock is simply bad fruit, and nothing has been said to indicate that a mistake was made, or that what the young woman did was wrong.
Some of us don't think Bristol or her boyfriend did anything wrong. I love how this will annoy the Obama supporters and others who think the big government nanny state should stick its nose into people's private lives.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Wrightwing
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Wrightwing »

anygunanywhere wrote:
drw wrote:
Nice. Thanks. When did this become about me, anyway?
Well, when you make comments on a forum perhaps?

I have lived through what Mrs. Palin's daughter is going through.

I have my own opinions about how much a political figure opens their personal lives up for public scrutiny. IMHO, what is going on with the teen daughter is not anyone else's business.

We should not expect political figures to be perfect since only one man who graced the earth was perfect.

We should expect honesty. I have kept up with these issues the last few days and Sarah Paiin has not lied about anything. She sweats more integrity than the other three on the national ticket put together.

If and when something blows up where you can actually pinpoint something she has done that even approaches what Bill Clinton did in the oval office and lied about it then you might get an agreement out of me.

Anygunanywhere
:iagree:
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Life Member

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flintknapper »

anygunanywhere wrote:
We should not expect political figures to be perfect since only one man who graced the earth was perfect.

We should expect honesty. I have kept up with these issues the last few days and Sarah Paiin has not lied about anything. She sweats more integrity than the other three on the national ticket put together.

:iagree: :thumbs2:
Last edited by flintknapper on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 12

Post by anygunanywhere »

Drw, if I cam across too strong and appeared to be in personal attack mode I apologize.

I do not know you personally and should not assume how you would treat your family in the event of an issue such as a teen pregnancy.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

drw

Post by drw »

anygunanywhere wrote:We should expect honesty...Sarah Paiin has not lied about anything.
I hope you're right.
anygunanywhere wrote:She sweats more integrity than the other three on the national ticket put together.
That certainly seems to be the case, and I hope that it is.
anygunanywhere wrote:If and when something blows up where you can actually pinpoint something she has done that even approaches what Bill Clinton did in the oval office and lied about it then you might get an agreement out of me.
I think Bill Clinton set that bar so high (or low?), that his exploits will never be surpassed.

drw

Post by drw »

anygunanywhere wrote:Drw, if I cam across too strong and appeared to be in personal attack mode I apologize.

I do not know you personally and should not assume how you would treat your family in the event of an issue such as a teen pregnancy.
:thumbs2: Next time you're in the Tyler area, stop by for some shooting followed by a taste of my homemade wine. :smile: You can even meet my wife and 4 children and see for yourself what kind of family we are. My 8 year old son might outshoot you on the big rifles, though. :biggrinjester:

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26496189/

Interesting...

"Focus on the Family founder James Dobson issued a statement commending the Palins for "for not just talking about their pro-life and pro-family values, but living them out even in the midst of trying circumstances." He added: "Being a Christian does not mean you're perfect. Nor does it mean your children are perfect. But it does mean there is forgiveness and restoration when we confess our imperfections to the Lord."

I don't know anyhting about Mr. Dobson or his group by the way.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 12

Post by anygunanywhere »

drw wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Drw, if I cam across too strong and appeared to be in personal attack mode I apologize.

:thumbs2: Next time you're in the Tyler area, stop by for some shooting followed by a taste of my homemade wine. :smile: You can even meet my wife and 4 children and see for yourself what kind of family we are. My 8 year old son might outshoot you on the big rifles, though. :biggrinjester:
I should hope he does. The old eyes are not what they used to be.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

drw wrote:Scripture is loaded with commands that we judge would-be leaders by the actions of their children.
The Lord described King David as "a man after My one heart." Yet King David's sons included a rapist (raping his own sister), at least one murderer and arguably two, and a bevy of other problem children.

Chas.

bdickens
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bdickens »

Not to mention some of the stuff that David himself did!
Byron Dickens

dustyb

Post by dustyb »

John Ch.8
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

drw

Post by drw »

Well, it looks like the consensus is to ignore sin and bad fruit in the lives of would-be leaders. :patriot:

Something that is often missing is the concept to "Love the sinner, hate the sin." It seems that in the rush to love people (which is correct and good) that the sin is overlooked or excused. There is a balance that is needed that I'm afraid we as a nation have completely lost.

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

I don't care if it's true or not. Do you think the other candidate is the better choice? I sure hope not.
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KBCraig »

drw, do you think that this one press release covers everything that has been said or done within the Palin family regarding this unplanned pregnancy?

I would never assume that the nicely said words uttered in a press statement weren't backed up by some serious heart-to-heart back on the homestead.

Here's a good article about the local take on things:

http://www.time.com/time/politics/artic ... topstories

Return to “Federal - 2008”