Kevin Brady, John Cornyn

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

bigcarl64
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kevin Brady, John Cornyn

Post by bigcarl64 »

I am voting Libertarian against both of these traitors, since both voted to financially enslave this country. Both can go pound sand..

dawgfishboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dawgfishboy »

bigcarl64 wrote:I am voting Libertarian
+1
Libertarian Party of Texas 2008 Platform wrote:As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their lives and no individuals are forced to sacrifice their values for the benefit of others...

Every human being is born master of himself or herself, sole owner of his or her body and mind, free to live and act as he or she sees fit. It is our principle that, so long as a person does not violate the rights of others, he or she should be left free and unrestrained. Government tends to operate on the opposite principle, that the State is master and the individual the servant, to act only as directed by those in power.

We deny the right of any government to coerce peaceful citizens. Governments exist for the sole purpose of defending the freedoms of their citizens. These freedoms include the right to life; the right to liberty of thought, speech and action; and the right to property. When government violates these freedoms--by initiating force against them, by prohibiting the act and means of self-defense, by censoring thought, word and deed, or by taking property without the consent of the owner--the government must be brought to heel...

Libertarians support the right of citizens to keep and bear arms as codified in Article I, Section 23 of The Texas Constitution. Additionally, we advocate the legalization of 'open carry' of handguns, without a license.

Libertarians hold that the right to keep and bear arms, like other rights, may only be disabled by due process of law, and for a fundamental right like this, by unanimous verdict of a jury of twelve, on proof beyond a reasonable doubt, either that if not disabled, said person would present a significant danger to himself or others, or that it is a statutory penalty on conviction of a crime, argued separately and made an explicit part of the final sentence...
Source: http://www.tx.lp.org/platform.shtml

PWK

Post by PWK »

Brady's not in my district so I'll leave that for the people he represents to decide. As for Cornyn either vote libertarian or don't vote at this position. Cornyn will win, Nori...whoever is a virtual unknown. Cornyn is a popular incumbent well liked and well backed. Most will overlook the bailout vote so he almost can't lose. What he will notice is the undercount/others. Political strategists look at these things. If 2 million votes are cast statewide and total votes in the senatorial race say are 1.7 million with 1.5 million for for Cornyn and Nori combined then that his a huge number of no/other votes that the winner can't ignore. Believe me these guys egos are big and they want all and every vote they can get and don't like leaving so many votes on the table.

PWK

Post by PWK »

Houston Chron article on Federal races in TX: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/pol ... 84678.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Cornyn, a first-term Republican from San Antonio, leads Noriega, a state representative from Houston, 45 percent to 36 percent. Another 14 percent of voters remain undecided in the Senate contest."
I think it is still safe bet to either not vote here or just vote Libertarian.

Return to “Federal - 2008”