2008 Election, early voting. Do it!

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

2008 Election, early voting. Do it!

Post by HighVelocity »

Despite what the news says about huge crowds, I just went and voted early and there was NO WAITING. No line, zip, nada. I was in and out in under 10 minutes.

Get out and vote!!
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

lrb111
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2008 Election, early voting. Do it!

Post by lrb111 »

There was a fellow in front of me when I went. We had a few simple words on the way out. He was saying "the most important vote I'll ever make.." I'm sure he was near tears. It's turning out to be pretty serious stuff.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

Took me about half an hour on Monday, but it wasn't bad.

To have my vote in the books as early as possible feels great.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

agbullet2k1

Post by agbullet2k1 »

Ok, I fail at internetting today. Does anyone know where to go to get definitive early voting poll locations? Everything I see for Galveston County says "planned." The closest "planned" place to me is still a bit inconvenient to get to just to find out that it really isn't there.
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

agbullet2k1 wrote:Ok, I fail at internetting today. Does anyone know where to go to get definitive early voting poll locations? Everything I see for Galveston County says "planned." The closest "planned" place to me is still a bit inconvenient to get to just to find out that it really isn't there.
Courthouse Annex on Calder Drive is active.

My wife and I voted Wednesday morning. Took less than 10 minutes.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I've said enough on the forum about the Presidential election, but what is really important is the everyone else elections. Our Conressmen and local people are more importantant than even the Presidential selection.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Wrightwing

Post by Wrightwing »

Voted at lunch time yesterday. Driving & voting time , 30 minutes. :txflag: :patriot:
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Life Member

John

Post by John »

Voted Monday around 5pm... In and out in about 10 minutes. Turned on the TV this morning and local news was on. They always impress me with their insight and grasp of reality. Before changing the channel, I heard the following: "Thousands are early voting, this could affect the outcome of the election". :headscratch who'd of thunk it?

When my wife and i went in, we just happend to be driving by the polling location and stopped in to vote. Didnt' have our registration cards so we handed the pollster our drivers' licenses. As she hands the lady her license, my wife says "we do not have our registrations, but they let us use these at the other polling location". The pollster replies, "vote early, vote often". Both my wife and the pollster were kidding of course, but we thought it was funny.

GO VOTE!!! Early voting is great in Texas and we take advantage of the opportunity in every election. :patriot:
Last edited by John on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnC

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Voted Tuesday at our local High School, very quick and easy.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

barres

Post by barres »

My wife had a bit of a line to wait in on Tuesday, but I was in and out in about 10 minutes yesterday afternoon here in Walker County. Early voting taking place at the Walker County Annex, for any wanting to know. Please vote.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

Vic303

Post by Vic303 »

I voted yesterday at lunchtime & the line was not long. The Monkey3 (my kids are known as Monkeys) had just finished his cheeseburger when I got handed the voter card and got an open machine.

Remember, Vote Early, Vote Often! It's the ACORN WAY!

Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

I have a Dad & Daughter day scheduled for Saturday at our nearest early voting location. My daughter recently turned 18 and this will be her first time to pull the lever so we want to make it a special event. The sense of urgency overcame my wife and she just HAD to stop on her way home and cast hers early.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Husband an I went out to vote today at about 10AM. Wow the line was huge! We'll try again next week. If not we'll go on November 4th.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

bpet

Post by bpet »

Wife and I voted Tuesday at 2:00 in the afternoon. No line, no wait, no problem.

Not sure how she voted but I give her credit for having a brain so am confident she did the right thing. ;-)
"Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail!" (Borrowed from an anonymous donor)

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

CompVest wrote:Husband an I went out to vote today at about 10AM. Wow the line was huge! We'll try again next week. If not we'll go on November 4th.
When I went, there was a line of about 50 snaking outside the building, and another 60+ inside the building. The volunteer "doorman" was letting people in 20 at a time as space became available.

But it really wasn't too bad. There were five sign-in volunteers and, I'd estimate, 30 voting booths, so things moved at a pretty good pace.

Parking was the iffiest part. I was lucky enough to drive into the lot just as someone, dead ahead in a primo spot, was pulling out. A friendly guy with a plackard stopped outflow traffic and motioned me into the spot. Turns out it was his name on the plackard, a local district candidate, and he was eager to give me his campaign brochure.

I'd gone about 20 steps before I remembered I had something in my pocket heavier and with more metallic components than my voter registration card. Went back to the car and stowed it. :oops:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Federal - 2008”