WHAT REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH REALLY LOOKS LIKE

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 1

WHAT REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH REALLY LOOKS LIKE

Post by longhorn_92 »

(interesting e-mail from an anonymous person)

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money." I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on an Obama 08 tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need -- the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experience I realized, the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient deserved money more.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

hankintexas

Re: WHAT REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH REALLY LOOKS LIKE

Post by hankintexas »

I like it. :iagree:
Hank Henry
NRA Instructor / NRA LIFE MEMBER / NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bpet

Post by bpet »

I think I understand now. :shock:

Although I doubt many BO backers frequent this web site, I hope at least one will and re-distribute this crystal clear explanation to his fellow ding-dongs and ask them if this scenario actually reflects what will happen under their leaders administration. It would be very interesting to see what their response would be. Who knows, in the process there could be an epiphany.
"Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail!" (Borrowed from an anonymous donor)

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

longhorn_92 wrote:I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.
Apparently, how well you enjoy this plan depends on which end of the redistribution you are on. If homeless people vote, then we are in big trouble.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

aardwolf
Posts in topic: 2

Post by aardwolf »

Go ahead and shrug big guy...

We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

Nachos Libres

Post by Nachos Libres »

The flaw in your argument is that you used the word "deserve". How did the homeless guy on the street who was doing nothing but holding a sign deserve the $10 more than the waiter who worked for it?
Springfield Armory XD-40SC

aardwolf
Posts in topic: 2

Post by aardwolf »

Nachos Libres wrote:The flaw in your argument is that you used the word "deserve". How did the homeless guy on the street who was doing nothing but holding a sign deserve the $10 more than the waiter who worked for it?
The same way a wall street fat cat with a bailout check or anyone else on the dole deserves the money more than Joe the Taxpayer who worked to earn it. Like some guy named Karl said, "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs."
We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Ha! I would have loved to have been there to see that!
Byron Dickens

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Crossfire wrote:
longhorn_92 wrote:I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.
Apparently, how well you enjoy this plan depends on which end of the redistribution you are on. If homeless people vote, then we are in big trouble.
They do in Dallas.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Nicolai

Post by Nicolai »

I'd like to see part of that $150 million that Obama raised last month "redistributed" to McCain and the GOP.

Return to “Federal - 2008”