So what happens now?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: So what happens now?

Post by flintknapper »

Excaliber wrote:
maximus2161 wrote:It seemed like things were going really good in regards to gun rights. And overnight (but we knew this was a possiblity) its seems that will all change. The statment KeithB made: removing the rights of gun owners, and for stripping the capabilities of defending yourself, your family and protecting your possessions really REALLY concerns me.

I can live with another AWB. I can live with higher ammo prices and higher gun prices. (Tho I do NOT like any of those options) I can NOT live with the idea that we wont be able to carry or own guns. I PRAY that wont happen.
You're buying the mindset that the far left would like you to have.

Another AWB, which was already proven to have no effect on crime, would be only one step in their stated goal ending your ability to own or use firearms of any type, and then stripping away all your other rights as well one by one. Accepting the destruction of any part of your rights is a prelude to the destruction of the rest.

The proper stance, IMHO, is to join and strongly support the organizations that defend our rights (NRA, TSRA, etc.) and to become politically active in calling, emailing, and writing your representatives at all levels whenever legislation affecting our rights is under consideration.

United and active, we stand. Fragmented and passive, we fall.

:iagree:

There is your answer folks!
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

John
Posts in topic: 4

Post by John »

:iagree:
JohnC

bryang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bryang »

Excaliber wrote:
maximus2161 wrote:It seemed like things were going really good in regards to gun rights. And overnight (but we knew this was a possiblity) its seems that will all change. The statment KeithB made: removing the rights of gun owners, and for stripping the capabilities of defending yourself, your family and protecting your possessions really REALLY concerns me.

I can live with another AWB. I can live with higher ammo prices and higher gun prices. (Tho I do NOT like any of those options) I can NOT live with the idea that we wont be able to carry or own guns. I PRAY that wont happen.
You're buying the mindset that the far left would like you to have.

Another AWB, which was already proven to have no effect on crime, would be only one step in their stated goal ending your ability to own or use firearms of any type, and then stripping away all your other rights as well one by one. Accepting the destruction of any part of your rights is a prelude to the destruction of the rest.

The proper stance, IMHO, is to join and strongly support the organizations that defend our rights (NRA, TSRA, etc.) and to become politically active in calling, emailing, and writing your representatives at all levels whenever legislation affecting our rights is under consideration.

United and active, we stand. Fragmented and passive, we fall
:iagree: Excaliber I agree that we must ALL come together NOW and do all we can to support those that are able to be our voice in the places that counts. I realize we have a an up hill battle, but TOGETHER we can do it, and we must start now and not talk it to death. Lets put our money were our mouth is and support these organizations that are fighting for our rights, and start writing, emailing, calling on our representatives at least on a monthly basis.
Never give up, not even an inch ...!!! :txflag: :boxing

-geo

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pbwalker »

I was already an NRA member prior to the election, but I was not a TSRA member. Until this morning that is. If I can't speak to the government directly, then I will help those who can...

:patriot: :txflag:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

maximus2161
Posts in topic: 4

Post by maximus2161 »

Geez ok, ok, ok.

Forget my comment. :confused5

Return to “Federal - 2008”