We need to band together....like this?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rodbender
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

We need to band together....like this?

Post by rodbender »

Actually I think this is a very good idea.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=784480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: We need to band together....like this?

Post by Liberty »

Sounds like he is calling for more blogs. Forums don't work well interactively with other forums. There are several progun blogs
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

SCone

Post by SCone »

When the LIBERALS came for the "assault weapons",
I remained silent;
I did not own an "assault weapon".

When they limited magazine capacity,
I did not speak out;
10 rounds is enough for anyone.

When they taxed the price of ammo out of reach,
I remained silent;
I don't shoot that much anymore.

When they revoked all CHLs,
I remained silent;
I had never sent in my paperwork.

When the rapist/murderer/thief came for my family,
There was nothing left to protect them with.

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment. - Hutchins

lrb111
Posts in topic: 3

Post by lrb111 »

rodbender wrote:Actually I think this is a very good idea.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=784480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I put up a post there. I've been a member there for over two years, and it was my first.

I propose action now. Prepare now to mass mail flat rate boxes and other mailers with bricks and spent cartridges to Obama. A "Bullets for Obama" campaign. The mailers are free from the post office. A lack of mailers in the next few months will get out the message of "rights removed".

Tons of boxes and spent cartridges being sent about 01-15-09 should get some attention that we are resolute.
They should be sent to the White House, Senators , and Representatives.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

KaiserB
Banned

Post by KaiserB »

Liberty wrote:Sounds like he is calling for more blogs. Forums don't work well interactively with other forums. There are several pro gun blogs

Maybe Mr. Cotton or someone could get a topic going to list the pro-firearms blogs. I know there are several hundred of them with great content.

evilmercer

Post by evilmercer »

lrb111 wrote:

I put up a post there. I've been a member there for over two years, and it was my first.

I propose action now. Prepare now to mass mail flat rate boxes and other mailers with bricks and spent cartridges to Obama. A "Bullets for Obama" campaign. The mailers are free from the post office. A lack of mailers in the next few months will get out the message of "rights removed".

Tons of boxes and spent cartridges being sent about 01-15-09 should get some attention that we are resolute.
I like that idea, go to your local range that will let you pick up the brass and ship it all to him. If we do that I will participate. I will even make sure I add a bunch of my own to the collection.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

evilmercer wrote:
lrb111 wrote:

I like that idea, go to your local range that will let you pick up the brass and ship it all to him. If we do that I will participate. I will even make sure I add a bunch of my own to the collection.
Be careful with this one. Brass isn't cheap and if the democrats sell brass as scrap it could be converted to fund elections. Maybe we should just send them cheap Steel cases.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

Liberty, if you need a spent steel case cartridge, I can send it your way. Just one spent cartridge per box. I don't expect folks to send over ten boxes. :evil2:

You can flat rate up to 68 pounds through the mail. You should have seen my mail carrier when one 67 pound box of bullets came from Precision Bullets. Than a month later when the other 68 pound box came in.
There were 4 people tied up in the delivery of just two boxes, because my mail person needed help carrying them.
Multiply that by a couple million in the D.C. mailroom.

Obama understands civil unrest. I was involved in the underground in Chicago for awhile, I'm familiar with civil disobedience.
Ø resist

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

evilmercer wrote:
lrb111 wrote:

Let's go nationwide. It's simple, does not involve taking days off, traveling miles, or great organization. Grassroots is always best.
Ø resist

evilmercer

Post by evilmercer »

lrb111 wrote:Liberty, if you need a spent steel case cartridge, I can send it your way. Just one spent cartridge per box. I don't expect folks to send over ten boxes. :evil2:

You can flat rate up to 68 pounds through the mail. You should have seen my mail carrier when one 67 pound box of bullets came from Precision Bullets. Than a month later when the other 68 pound box came in.
There were 4 people tied up in the delivery of just two boxes, because my mail person needed help carrying them.
Multiply that by a couple million in the D.C. mailroom.

Obama understands civil unrest. I was involved in the underground in Chicago for awhile, I'm familiar with civil disobedience.
Can you imagine the frustration it would cause if we all sent one a day for a week. The weight and people being tied up from 100s a day would be outstanding :evil2: :anamatedbanana

Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

lrb111 wrote: I propose action now. Prepare now to mass mail flat rate boxes and other mailers with bricks and spent cartridges to Obama. A "Bullets for Obama" campaign. The mailers are free from the post office. A lack of mailers in the next few months will get out the message of "rights removed".

Although I agree that we need to band together, I don't see how shipping spent cartridges to the White House would do anything other than give the Left something they can exploit.

The best communication is one that touches an emotional nerve. That's how the Left is able to push through many of their ideas and also why so many 2A supporters like the posters/pictures done by Oleg Volk...they touch us at an emotional level.

Personally if somebody were to ask me why I carry a sidearm, my first reaction would be to think of my children. It is my responsiblity to protect them and they expect me to come home every day. If I were to send a letter to the White House explaining why they should not take away my rights, I stand a better chance of having that message heard by including a picture of my youngest daughter than I do by including a spent cartridge.

Return to “Federal - 2008”