Rattle can paint job

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rattle can paint job

Post by The Annoyed Man » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:18 am

I’ve been contemplating doing this to one of my carbines.....but I’m lazy, so it remains in the contemplative stage. :lol:
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings. BTW, have you noticed that the topographical contours of local lake bottoms seem to have changed and become more rich in aluminum alloys and polymers in the last 10 years?

Topic author
74novaman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 74novaman » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:59 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:18 am
I’ve been contemplating doing this to one of my carbines.....but I’m lazy, so it remains in the contemplative stage. :lol:
If it helps you make the leap, I spent maybe 2 hours on this, including waiting time between coats.

Best advice I got was someone who said the gun he spent the absolute most time prepping/painting/working on is the one that looks the worst. So I tried to keep it simple and short.

Degrease, light colored base coat, touch up base coat, one coat of darker color 1 through foilage or mesh, one coat of darker color 2 through the same.

Cheap, easy, fast.

Supposedly giving it a few days to cure before shooting it helps the finish stay on longer. I won't get to shoot it until tomorrow, so I guess I'm doing things the "right" way thanks to my schedule.

I too have a lot of projects all on the back burner, but this one was easy to knock out in an afternoon.
TANSTAAFL

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Nice paint job. I ran across the video below today on painting AR with Krylon Camo paint and stencil from Primary Arm.

"If safety requires us to indefinitely forfeit the most valuable parts of our lives, what exactly are we trying to save?"
~ A.J. Kay

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:55 am

Very nicely done!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”