new to the AR world....

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
jswarren
Posts in topic: 3

new to the AR world....

Post by jswarren »

Got my first AR yesterday from a member of another forum. Its a Colt LE6920. He claimed 400 rounds through it. There are very little wear markings. Its was pretty wet with oil and a bit dirty. Giving it a good cleaning before taking it out. I want to thank lowonair for all his help. He was my go to guy. Can't wait to take it out. I feel my fever rising....no cure for the disease!!!
9/15/09 Class taken (Tom Estep)
1/29/10 Application mailed to Austin
2/19/10 Pin issued
3/01/10 Application complete-License issued or certificate active
3/04/10 Plastic in hand

Glock 27 in a Supertuck
Dan Wesson CBOB 1911 in a Supertuck
Ruger 357
Rem 870
Colt LE6920

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Re: new to the AR world....

Post by gigag04 »

Great rifle - that's the rifle we issue at work. Best of luck.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pbwalker »

jswarren wrote:no cure for the disease!!!
Indeed! I am now up to 5, with three lowers awaiting builds. It is an expensive hobby... :smilelol5:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

jswarren wrote:Got my first AR yesterday from a member of another forum. Its a Colt LE6920.
Pictures!!! :rules:
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Topic author
jswarren

Post by jswarren »

Syntyr wrote:
jswarren wrote:Got my first AR yesterday from a member of another forum. Its a Colt LE6920.
Pictures!!! :rules:
LOL! Yeah I know. She needs to be cleaned up for pics. She was put up WET, dripping from every crack, nook, and cranny. Yes, I'm talking about the gun. I'll post some cell phone picks tomorrow. :-)
2/19/10 Pin issued
3/04/10 Plastic in hand

Glock 27 in a Supertuck
Ruger 357
Rem 870
Colt LE6920

lowonair

Post by lowonair »

You're on the right track as you already know but one thing i would change is how much lube you're using. Just use a light coating when storing it. All the lube will just run out of the rifle and will be wasted. Despite what alot of people say the ar15 doesn't need much lube. I haven't cleaned or lubed mine the part few range sessions and everything ran fine. That's just how i am though. Just lightly lube it after cleaning it and if it needs it before shooting it. When you start getting stuff to put on the rifle don't try to save money. Get the best stuff and it will serve you well. Buy once, cry once. Now get some pics up!

Topic author
jswarren

Post by jswarren »

lowonair wrote:You're on the right track as you already know but one thing i would change is how much lube you're using. Just use a light coating when storing it. All the lube will just run out of the rifle and will be wasted. Despite what alot of people say the ar15 doesn't need much lube. I haven't cleaned or lubed mine the part few range sessions and everything ran fine. That's just how i am though. Just lightly lube it after cleaning it and if it needs it before shooting it. When you start getting stuff to put on the rifle don't try to save money. Get the best stuff and it will serve you well. Buy once, cry once. Now get some pics up!
Perhaps I miss communicated. It was all wet when I got it. The seller said that's how he runs them. I mean DRIPPING!! I thought that was odd. I told him I'm only familiar with glocks and I lube very little. No offense to him, but I just think that heavy lube is a magnet for the crud. Anyhow, I'll get some cell phone pics.
2/19/10 Pin issued
3/04/10 Plastic in hand

Glock 27 in a Supertuck
Ruger 357
Rem 870
Colt LE6920

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

jswarren wrote:LOL! Yeah I know. She needs to be cleaned up for pics. She was put up WET, dripping from every crack, nook, and cranny. Yes, I'm talking about the gun. I'll post some cell phone picks tomorrow. :-)

No prob. Just drooling. I am saving up for my own AR-15 project. Just keep trying to decide AR-10 or AR-15...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

lowonair

Post by lowonair »

jswarren wrote:
lowonair wrote:You're on the right track as you already know but one thing i would change is how much lube you're using. Just use a light coating when storing it. All the lube will just run out of the rifle and will be wasted. Despite what alot of people say the ar15 doesn't need much lube. I haven't cleaned or lubed mine the part few range sessions and everything ran fine. That's just how i am though. Just lightly lube it after cleaning it and if it needs it before shooting it. When you start getting stuff to put on the rifle don't try to save money. Get the best stuff and it will serve you well. Buy once, cry once. Now get some pics up!
Perhaps I miss communicated. It was all wet when I got it. The seller said that's how he runs them. I mean DRIPPING!! I thought that was odd. I told him I'm only familiar with glocks and I lube very little. No offense to him, but I just think that heavy lube is a magnet for the crud. Anyhow, I'll get some cell phone pics.
Oops. I guess i read it wrong. Carry on.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”