range report, home brew m4gery

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
melkor41
Posts in topic: 1

range report, home brew m4gery

Post by melkor41 »

I built my own recently. Spent right around 800$ for all the parts (not counting tools, they are an investment for the builds to come... you can always borrow tools)

DPMS lower + part kit $120+49
DPMS upper a3 receiver $110
DPMS BCG $130
DPMS 6 pos stock $49
DPMS charging handle $15
(hey what can i say... DPMS is the easiest stuff to get around here)
YHM 4 rail 3 peice freefloat tube $120
Model 1 EM-4 barrel 16" with rail gas block $200
YHM Phantom Agressive Comp/Break $25
Total $818 and it shoots great and is very solid... it doesnt have that cheap rattle loose feel like the 800$ bushmasters at academy do.

Will have to go to a real range and setup a 100yd target for an official range report.. I just shot up some old computer cases we had at a friends land.

You dont really need chrome.... some are all for it.. some are like me.. MEH... Chrome was for barrels for cheap 3rd world armys that shoot corrosive ammo and dont clean their guns very often. They have to overbore the rifle then bring it back to proper bore with the chrome. If you are not planning on shooting tracers all day through it its not really needed.

I will be starting my next one as soon as the next gun show... it will be a Spikes Tactical lower with a model 1 24" tactical kit

Then my 3rd starting next month which will be another spikes lower and a 6.8 upper, havent decided on which yet...

Then an AR-10 the month after that, DPMS LR308 based...

and on and on and on until obama sends the jackboots after me.

The Chair is Against the Wall...........
added a bushnell trophy red/green dot scope with 1moa dot/65 moa ring like the sight picture from an eotech. after i got it sighted in with the monarch brass, i put another 60 rounds of the cheap stuff through it to get used to the stock and the grip and get the bipod adjusted like i wanted. After that i fed it 20 rounds of hornaday 55 gr vmax moly factory loads and it was shooting right at 1 inch groups at 100 yards :woohoo I am pleased :D

While i was at cheaper than dirt getting a brass catcher for the new AR I saw they had the CMMG lowers on sale for 99$ so the next AR build has officialy started. Going for a 24" 6.8mm a3 with a2 butstock.
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”