Tactical Shotgun Build for Jedi

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

M9FAN
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Tactical Shotgun Build for Jedi

Post by M9FAN »

Very nice! Congratulations on a job well done! :clapping:
"Upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander the Great

HerbM
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HerbM »

LedJedi wrote:
HerbM wrote:
LedJedi wrote: Will it fire with that butt stock up? (Is that even kosher?)

I think I want the mag extension, maybe the flashlight stuff on mine. (Jealous again.)

NICE GUN!!!! I love it. Congratulations.
yeah, it adds two shots for a maximum of 7. the mag already held 5. Right now I can only load six but once the spring breaks in I should be able to get the last round in. That's not counting one in the chamber, but I'm not keeping one in the chamber. then i wouldn't get that marvelous sound of a shotgun racking a round right before I have to use it.

Why wouldn't that stock be kosher (legal?) Pistol grips are just fine in Texas. The only laws i can find that are related are the overall length. Required is 26 inches and mine is almost 30. Yeah, it will have no problem firing with the stock up. It doesn't block the ejection port. that was actually the first thing I checked.

I'm thinking i may eventually put the heat shield on it but i'm going to have to sand blast it to take off the rough edges, find a wooden dowel the same size as my barrel and work the shield until it's a snug fit on the barrel, then re-finish the shield with primer and heat tolerant paint. I may also try and attach some rubber gaskets or something to use as a spacer between the shield and the barrel. For the price i paid for the shield I really didn't expect it to need modifications that extensive to make me happy with it though.
I was only asking about the butt stock -- likely I it occurred to me and I was confused by the overall length thing, and have seen some rifles (AK variants I believe) which were deactivated by folding the stock.) Probably an overall length thing, or maybe I just don't understand what I vaguely remember.

I am not a big believer in the "jacking a round sound" although I have used it to good effect :biggrinjester:

Officers used to try to sneak up through the woods on us when we guarded the "Vet Clinic" at Ft. Bragg. We were forbidden to load a round unless there was a threat -- some guy had blown a hole in the side of the PX while walking that post. The Vet Clinic was isolated and considered a serious target for drug theft.

Anyway, the officer of the guard had to (literally) change his pants: waited for him to cross through the dead leaves, and ordered him to stop from the shadows.

And I love your shotgun -- beautiful job.

He took another step <CRUNCH> and I jacked the slide and yelled halt again. He halted. We sorted out his "ID" (I could guess who he was all along from hearing the jeep drop him off a 1/4 mile up the road so there was never any chance of my shooting him, and I didn't even chamber a round.)

He stuttered badly and said something about "not supposed to be loaded" so I politely informed him that it wasn't (the shells were all palmed in my hand.)

Anyway it does work. So why am I not sold on it? The sound of it going <BOOM> is even more attention getting, and you can always jack one OUT if you really need to threaten.

And yes, he did change his pants literally. Never snuck up on me or any of my buddies again either. "rlol"
HerbM

Topic author
LedJedi
Posts in topic: 8

Post by LedJedi »

HerbM wrote:
I was only asking about the butt stock -- likely I it occurred to me and I was confused by the overall length thing, and have seen some rifles (AK variants I believe) which were deactivated by folding the stock.) Probably an overall length thing, or maybe I just don't understand what I vaguely remember.

I am not a big believer in the "jacking a round sound" although I have used it to good effect :biggrinjester:

Officers used to try to sneak up through the woods on us when we guarded the "Vet Clinic" at Ft. Bragg. We were forbidden to load a round unless there was a threat -- some guy had blown a hole in the side of the PX while walking that post. The Vet Clinic was isolated and considered a serious target for drug theft.

Anyway, the officer of the guard had to (literally) change his pants: waited for him to cross through the dead leaves, and ordered him to stop from the shadows.

And I love your shotgun -- beautiful job.

He took another step <CRUNCH> and I jacked the slide and yelled halt again. He halted. We sorted out his "ID" (I could guess who he was all along from hearing the jeep drop him off a 1/4 mile up the road so there was never any chance of my shooting him, and I didn't even chamber a round.)

He stuttered badly and said something about "not supposed to be loaded" so I politely informed him that it wasn't (the shells were all palmed in my hand.)

Anyway it does work. So why am I not sold on it? The sound of it going <BOOM> is even more attention getting, and you can always jack one OUT if you really need to threaten.

And yes, he did change his pants literally. Never snuck up on me or any of my buddies again either. "rlol"
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
nice man :)

the BOOM certainly has more effect than the "shuck-shuck" sound, but the BOOM may very well have a lawyer and a trip to the po-po hang out attached. I'd rather avoid that if possible. The only handcuffs i wanna wear are fuzzy.

I did a few drills with the shotty (unloaded, of course) and the laser light on... looks VERY intimidating so may not even need the "shuck-shuck" in the first place :)

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”