My Labor Day AR Build

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My Labor Day AR Build

Post by DoubleJ »

anygunanywhere wrote:I finally managed to devote the appropriate attention to the AR parts that have been patiently waiting in my safe. No pressing honey-dos. Corporate holiday. Gustav bumming the Gulf Coast.

I like the results.

Anygunanywhere
Terrible!!! Ghastly!
you should dispose of it immediately. I, solemnly, will take it off your hands for ya. ya know, cause we cool like that.

srsly, nice job.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

DoubleJ wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:I finally managed to devote the appropriate attention to the AR parts that have been patiently waiting in my safe. No pressing honey-dos. Corporate holiday. Gustav bumming the Gulf Coast.

I like the results.

Anygunanywhere
Terrible!!! Ghastly!
you should dispose of it immediately. I, solemnly, will take it off your hands for ya. ya know, cause we cool like that.

srsly, nice job.
Thanky!

I likes it a lot.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

jbirds1210 wrote:
WarHawk-AVG wrote:Anyone know how much it would cost to build a plane jane M-16A2 20" USMC issue style build?

I want the 1:7" Chrome bore..but everything else to be stock, no frills, no spills, just M-16A2 like the one I carried in the Marines
20-25K for the M-16.

Jason
?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!???!!!!
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

Xander

Post by Xander »

WarHawk-AVG wrote:
jbirds1210 wrote: 20-25K for the M-16.

Jason
?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!???!!!!
M-16s are Class III weapons, which means that the only freely transferable copies are those that were already in civilian hands before 1986. There's a shop in DFW that has an A1 (no A2s currently, I'm afraid) for $26,000.

NathanJK

Post by NathanJK »

Very nice looking, and similar to what I want to set up in the future! I'll save it in my AR15 pictures folder so I can have ideas on components ;-)

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”