sporting clay random number on the disc?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

krieghoff
Posts in topic: 1

Re: sporting clay random number on the disc?

Post by krieghoff »

glock27 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:15 pm i guess they are not all created equal? im new to clays whast the better brands?
The gold standard would be the White Flyer brand. Used by the major clay shooting associations.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

krieghoff wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:28 pm
glock27 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:15 pm i guess they are not all created equal? im new to clays whast the better brands?
The gold standard would be the White Flyer brand. Used by the major clay shooting associations.
I saw White Flyer at our local Walmart in Levelland so I'll assume that most/all Walmart in the region will carry them. Didn't pay attention to the price as all clays seem to be cheap.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

rotor

Post by rotor »

For what it's worth I bought a bunch of Champion clays and a bunch of those biodegradable White Flyer. When new both worked well with few breaks in the machine. After a year though the Champion brand broke on almost every load on the machine so now I just buy White Flyer. We use the old Champion clays as targets for rifle and pistol rather than just throwing them out. May only be my experience and was stored in an external building and not climate controlled.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

Clay pigeons have lot numbers on the boxes. I am thinking the numbers on the individual targets are related to the molds used for the individual lots that use the same batch of raw material. Tournaments probably insist on using this to assure all the shooters have the same chance at braking the pigeons and order them from the same lot. .
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

seamusTX wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:38 pm "The Madness of Crowds"

During the Beanie Babies craze, people were reportedly going to the golden arches place, buying happy meals, and throwing away the food just to get the stupid little dolls. I don't know how anyone could think that an item that was literally manufactured by the billions could be worth anything in less than 1,000 years.

- Jim
I should sell Bitcoin Babies on eBay.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

BBYC wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:27 pm
seamusTX wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:38 pm "The Madness of Crowds"

During the Beanie Babies craze, people were reportedly going to the golden arches place, buying happy meals, and throwing away the food just to get the stupid little dolls. I don't know how anyone could think that an item that was literally manufactured by the billions could be worth anything in less than 1,000 years.

- Jim
I should sell Bitcoin Babies on eBay.
:headscratch How are earth are we on Beanie Babies and Bit coins? :shock:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”