Suppressor build success

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Suppressor build success

Post by MeMelYup »

What is the difference in length of tube requirement for a 30.06 vs 223?

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 9

Post by maverick2076 »

Well, I'm in. I filed a Form 1 Tuesday to build my first SBR (dedicated Glock mag 9mm AR with a 4" barrel) and I submitted a Form 1 today to build a suppressor for it.

comp73
Posts in topic: 3

Post by comp73 »

You guys are such a bad influence :mrgreen:

I'm definitely building one of these, once I get finished setting up the NFA Trust.

Just curious, did you guys consider the SDTA muzzle brake? If so, any particular reason you chose the Griffin?

http://sdtacticalarms.com/SDTA-Muzzle-Break_p_65.html
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 35

Post by The Annoyed Man »

comp73 wrote:You guys are such a bad influence :mrgreen:

I'm definitely building one of these, once I get finished setting up the NFA Trust.

Just curious, did you guys consider the SDTA muzzle brake? If so, any particular reason you chose the Griffin?

I chose Griffin because it will fit either an SDTA or Griffin suppressor. I'm all about options, which is why I bought my first can in 7.62 (an AAC 762-SDN-6) .......because I could use it on the 5.56 and 7.62 rifles of my choice. In this case, I have one of the AAC flash-hider/suppressor-mounts on my new AR, and the other I bought is going on either my SCAR .308 or my RGS .308....but probably the SCAR.....for now. I also have a form 1 on file for a 10.5" .300 blackout, on my AR lower, and ultimately that is were the AAC adapter will reside. That can was designed for shooting subsonic .300 Blackout, but it works very well on the 5.56 upper. I ordered all titanium parts from SDT for my pending form 1, including the Griffin "thread protector" so that I could use Griffin mounts. I wanted to use Griffin mounts because my next can after the home-brew, which I plan to order within the next few days (I've been procrastinating for no particular reason), is a Griffin Optimus, which comes as a user-serviceable kit which can be reconfigured to fit everything from .22LR to 9mm pistols, and .22LR to .300 Win Mag rifles.....and anything in between those calibers. I am also ordering threaded barrels for my G17, and both of our G19s, and plan to have the barrel on my Remington 700 threaded and will put a Griffin muzzle brake on it so it will be able to take either the SDT home-brew, or the Griffin Optimus.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

comp73

Post by comp73 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
comp73 wrote:You guys are such a bad influence :mrgreen:

I chose Griffin because it will fit either an SDTA or Griffin suppressor. I'm all about options, which is why I bought my first can in 7.62 (an AAC 762-SDN-6) .......because I could use it on the 5.56 and 7.62 rifles of my choice. In this case, I have one of the AAC flash-hider/suppressor-mounts on my new AR, and the other I bought is going on either my SCAR .308 or my RGS .308....but probably the SCAR.....for now. I also have a form 1 on file for a 10.5" .300 blackout, on my AR lower, and ultimately that is were the AAC adapter will reside. That can was designed for shooting subsonic .300 Blackout, but it works very well on the 5.56 upper. I ordered all titanium parts from SDT for my pending form 1, including the Griffin "thread protector" so that I could use Griffin mounts. I wanted to use Griffin mounts because my next can after the home-brew, which I plan to order within the next few days (I've been procrastinating for no particular reason), is a Griffin Optimus, which comes as a user-serviceable kit which can be reconfigured to fit everything from .22LR to 9mm pistols, and .22LR to .300 Win Mag rifles.....and anything in between those calibers. I am also ordering threaded barrels for my G17, and both of our G19s, and plan to have the barrel on my Remington 700 threaded and will put a Griffin muzzle brake on it so it will be able to take either the SDT home-brew, or the Griffin Optimus.
TAM,

Thanks for the info. I doubt the Griffin Optimus is in my future, BUT no sense in limiting yourself either, especially over $40
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

comp73

Post by comp73 »

Looking good. 308?
AndyC wrote:I guess I'll have to force myself back to the range this weekend again ...
Oh the horror :biggrinjester:

The Annoyed Man

AndyC wrote:Interestingly, the suppressor dropped the bullet-impact by over 4" at 100 yards :shock:
What did it do to group size?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

AndyC wrote:Unsure, I was having optics/mount issues - I'll redo another time, but it looked like the group was actually bigger. I might have to drill everything out a tiny bit more - don't know yet, too many moving parts.
Examine your baffles. Maybe you're having baffle strikes?

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”