My Truck Gun

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

My Truck Gun

Post by crazy2medic »

I bought a JRC Carbine in .45acp to keep in my truck as my truck gun, I have had it for almost a month and today I finally got the chance to shoot it! Me and my son went out behind my sister's place and did some shooting, he got to shoot the Ithaca 12ga I bought him for his birthday. But the real event was shooting that carbine, I had put a inexpensive Tru-Glo red dot sight on it and intended to sight it in but first round hit dead center, so I sent 10 more rounds down range every one was dead on! Passed it to my son told him to have at it, he finished of the rest of the magazine, then we reloaded another 25rds in the mag and my boy said he wanted to try something, told him go for it, he started shooting but was able to catch the trigger right at the release point and kept 10rds in the target no bigger than a man's chest but fired so fast the carbine sounded automatic, he looked at me and told me he liked that gun! So from now on I'll be carrying that carbine in my truck "just in case"
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My Truck Gun

Post by Jusme »

Sounds like a fun day. I wish I still had my grandad's Ithaca it was a 16 Guage that got stolen at a house I had in Ft. Worth several years ago. I can't afford to rapid fire 45 acp very long but it would be a great option to carry in my truck.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Re: My Truck Gun

Post by crazy2medic »

I wanted a carbine that fired same ammo as my daily carry. The carbine uses glock mags and I carry a paraordnance p14 but the ammo is the same and that meets my criteria.
I love the Ithaca shotgun, I still have the 20ga I was given on my 13th birthday, my son was given it on his 13th birthday, and it will be passed down as a family heirloom
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”