Did it again.

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
greenbeer
Posts in topic: 6

Did it again.

Post by greenbeer »

Well last week I picked up a couple of Hexmags for an AR build I'm working on. Got them home and did a test fit. Unfortunately they wouldn't drop free under their own weight. So I pulled out a pmag and GI aluminum to make sure it wasn't the lower. It was the Hexmags. Well of course when I bring them back for a refund I see a nice new Aero Precision lower in the counter. It just looked like it needed a home. So i gave it one. Now I'm half way through one build and already starting another. I think this one may end up a 10.5" pistol build. This platform is gonna be the end of me.
In Sig I trust.

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Did it again.

Post by Pariah3j »

Nice ! :thumbs2:

Pretty sure I'm about ready to start me a new AR build... Not sure what lower I want though... Been trying to do some research online. Any suggestions ?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
greenbeer

Post by greenbeer »

As long as it's in spec. Any forged lower should do just as good as the next. I went with aero precision this time based on price and I like their logo. Some of the logos today are really cartoony and are just not to my liking. That said, any of the major names are good. Spikes, Anderson, Aero are good solid lowers that you can regularly find from $39 to $80 stripped. Then there are the BIG names like Noveske, Seekins, Mega that will start in the $100's and go up from there. Especially if your looking at matches billet sets or factory ambidextrous controls. Have fun and feel free to ask any questions along the way
In Sig I trust.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Well I was more looking for suggestions for looks :mrgreen: I do like the look of the aero precision... my last lower was w/ a spike's punisher/skull lower. Built the gun using several punisher themed items like laser etched dust cover and trigger guards w/ punisher logo. Was looking to take my new build a different direction.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've taken delivery of the following in the last couple of days: Ordered but still waiting for: All of these are going to assembled into a suppressed 10.5" SBR .300 Blackout upper for my Spikes/Timney/MFT lower which currently has a carbine upper on it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jason812

Post by jason812 »

I have three complete AR's, the only one I built, I finished a couple of weeks ago. I have another Anderson stripped lower and I should have bought another 2 when they were in sale for $50. I also have a billet set of stripped Sun Devil receivers I've been setting on for 8 years because I can't figure out what exactly I want to do with them. With all that being said, if feel your pain cause if I ran across a good deal on another stripped lower or 2, I would bring them home.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
greenbeer

Post by greenbeer »

So you don't want me to tell you that primary arms has andersons on sale right now. :biggrinjester:
In Sig I trust.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

No, I don't need to know about a sale and I wasn't going to look to see how much they were but...

I couldn't resist and I'm kind of glad they are out of stock. That and I'm out of room in the safe but, there's always ammo that could be put somewhere else. :smilelol5:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Well you're in good company, I also purchased an Aero lower recently (two actually as I'm mid-way through building a 12.5" .308 SBR on an Aero set). I ended up with the Aero Texas Edition lower to build my next SBR on. I've never bought a lower based on looks until just now.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Topic author
greenbeer

Post by greenbeer »

Looks were the reason I went with my last lower. It has no roll mark at all. I really like it but for the price I couldn't pass this one up.
In Sig I trust.

Topic author
greenbeer

Post by greenbeer »

Good read. I guess there is a reason arfcom likes them so much. Other than the usual Interwebs fanboy culture.
In Sig I trust.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I agree - I'm no firearms expert poobah (still self training), but I'm very happy with my Aero upper and lower and the price was just short of thievery.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
greenbeer

Post by greenbeer »

They really are a great value. I have no regrets buying this lower and will probably pick a few more up in the future. It has a great finish, fits my upper very nice and even has a threaded hole for the take down pin detent and spring. Granted the screw wasn't included but a quick run to fastenal and a few cents should solve that problem.
In Sig I trust.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”