Sub 2000 optics

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Sub 2000 optics

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LucasMcCain wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Which magazine version of the Sub 2000 did you get? I'd be happy with either a G17 or G19 mag-well, but I'm not going to pay an inflated price for one either - not when I have alternatives.
I got the G17 version. I've gotten to shoot it a couple times now, and I love the thing. I got a couple of the G18 mags for it, and it's just a ton of fun. Accurate, stable, and compact. I really don't have much bad to say about it. The charging handle is annoying, but that's really it. I would highly recommend picking one up, but I wouldn't pay an inflated price either. I paid MSRP, but if you keep calling Academy you should be able to find one for about $70 under. You also might be able to get Cabela's to special order you one. I'm not sure.
I just remembered that for me, there's a problem with the beard. I was reading a review of this firearm a while back......I forget where.....and the writer mentioned that the charging handle was not very friendly to those with facial hair - that it would snatch it clean out of your face. He said that you could make a shield from kydex or something and affix it to the buffer tube, but the risk of having my glory snatched off of my face holds a minimum of charm for me.

OTH, when I shave it off to confuse the gestapo and get away, a Sub 2000 would be handy to have. :mrgreen:

FOUND IT! http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/0 ... ent-381142
The only thing I would add to the review is a warning for those with a beard or long mustache: The bolt handle moving back and forth next to your cheek can grab your face fuzz and rip out a few chunks. The solution is a “beard guard”.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

gljjt wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Jusme wrote:I was not really thinking about a pistol caliber carbine, until I saw all of the post you guys put out extolling it's virtues, I then began researching reviews on line (not that I don't trust ya'lls opinions :mrgreen: ) and of course now, to quote Jerry Clower, "ya'll done flung a cravin' on me" :anamatedbanana
Especially when I saw that they have a version to accepts S&W M&P mags. I still will have to get past SWMBO to buy one so I am working on my sales pitch, I just want you to know that this forum has been the cause of a lot of discord in the Jusme household, and if you see me sleeping in the bed of my truck next to a gun safe you'll know why!! :biggrinjester:
In addition to the sales pitch, you will also need a lot of patience, especially if you are holding out for a specific version. To me, the main appeal of this particular pistol caliber carbine is it's concealability and ease of deployment for situations where the carry of a handgun is prohibited, but long guns are allowed. Right now, an AR-15 fills that void for me, but it takes a bit longer to deploy.
I would love one in the G19 grip config for additional magazine capability with my EDC. I view this as a GHB gun. This gives good flexibility and compatibility between the EDC handgun and a "rifle". In a poop hits the fan get home situation, the relative short range of the sub 2000 isn't a factor for me. I think most defensive requirements will be at bad breath distance out to maybe a hundred yards. If attacked via long distance better tho seek concealment/cover and be on my way rather than to engage. The ability tho conceal in a backpack is a big plus. Unfortunately, kids college payments come first....

That was my thinking also, If I had this in my GHB, along with my handgun, mags would work in either, it weighs a lot less than a shotgun, with extra ammo, and would fit in my pack.
I guess I'll have to start looking for something to buy for SWMBO. Maybe some orange vegetable rated trinkets, she seems to like those. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme wrote:.....orange vegetable rated trinkets.......
:mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LucasMcCain »

The Annoyed Man wrote:...beard...
It didn't catch mine, but mine is no longer of the length that yours is, judging by your avatar. I had to shave it a couple months ago for a work thing. It's only an inch or so long at the moment. I could certainly see it catching a beard of superior magnitude, such as you possess. :tiphat:
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Purchased a SUB 2000 yesterday in Glock 17 mag - hopefully will get range time with it this weekend
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Took new SUB 2000 to range today and put about 250 rounds through it, no issues. Very accurate out to 15 yards I had to work with at indoor range. Didn't leave much cardboard in the "9" ring and "x" ring.
Do think it's a "dirty" shooting gun, my right hand had lots of black on it, more so than anything else I've shot.
Very pleased with the purchase
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

bblhd672 wrote:Took new SUB 2000 to range today and put about 250 rounds through it, no issues. Very accurate out to 15 yards I had to work with at indoor range. Didn't leave much cardboard in the "9" ring and "x" ring.
Do think it's a "dirty" shooting gun, my right hand had lots of black on it, more so than anything else I've shot.
That's common for a blowback gun with the ejection port on the right side.

Pistols tend to have the port on top, so the soot goes up and out. Rifles blow it straight out to the side and some settles on that hand.

Pity the southpaw. He gets that stuff in his face.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Pawpaw wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Took new SUB 2000 to range today and put about 250 rounds through it, no issues. Very accurate out to 15 yards I had to work with at indoor range. Didn't leave much cardboard in the "9" ring and "x" ring.
That's common for a blowback gun with the ejection port on the right side.

Pistols tend to have the port on top, so the soot goes up and out. Rifles blow it straight out to the side and some settles on that hand.

Pity the southpaw. He gets that stuff in his face.
Face paint or camo. :biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

goose

Post by goose »

Pawpaw wrote: Pity the southpaw. He gets that stuff in his face.
Guilty as charged. This is the firearm that has had me practicing my right handed shooting. Glasses are mandatory with this puppy. I really enjoy the rifle and what it is capable of for my "bug home" kit. But yes, it is a dirty one.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

repeated post
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”