My New Mossberg MVP Predator

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Ryan
Posts in topic: 3

Re: My New Mossberg MVP Predator

Post by Ryan »

RoyGBiv wrote:
Ryan wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:
Ryan wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:If I could find one of these anywhere near me, I'd go buy it right now.
Been looking for an inexpensive bolt gun.
Anyone know of any Wally's still selling firearms near DFW that might have one of these?

As far as having this particular firearm, I'm not sure... but the Walmart at 4691 TX-121, Lewisville, TX 75056 still sells firearms. You might give them a call.
Hmm.. I called them and the lady I spoke to said they don't sell firearms any longer...
https://www.walmart.com/store/426/whats-new

Thanks!!
Well that's funny, I just bought ammo there last weekend and drooled over a few of their lever action rifles that were in the case.
Any chance you were at the Crossroads location?
Could be that the lady I spoke with was simply misinformed.
:confused5

Sorry to muck up the tread... Would very much like ti find one of these for $250... :drool:
Not a chance. I was on my way to eagle gun range and that's the Wally I usually stop at to pick up some ammo. I live off 423 just about 5 miles north of there. It's right on the corner of Main street / 423 and 121 service road.

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 8

Post by anygunanywhere »

RoyGBiv wrote:I called a few stores and did find one in "reasonable" driving distance that said they had one in stock.... but the guy I spoke with on the phone said they were not marked down to the price in the OP. Said they were "around $500".... The non-specific number leads me to believe he hasn't really given it much attention and MAYBE if I drove there I could make it happen. Big drive, for a big maybe. He sounded confident that they were not marked down to that price, but, Walmart.

Thoughts?

If someone who bought one would be willing to PM me a photo of their receipt, I might make the drive with that kind of ammo in my pocket...
Maybe it's a regional thing in the Corpus area?

Definitely a must-have at $250, but at $500 I'm thinking about a Tikka T3x in .308 for just a bit more.
I'll pm you my receipt.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skiprr »

RoyGBiv wrote:Definitely a must-have at $250, but at $500 I'm thinking about a Tikka T3x in .308 for just a bit more.
I'm with ya. For $250, I'll go get in the truck right now. For what seems to be the current, typical street price of about $520...not so much. I was not thinking about an inexpensive bolt-action, but anygun has definitely put the Mossberg on my watch list.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RoyGBiv »

I visited 2 Walmarts today that sell firearms, but neither had the MVP in stock, so I did not have a chance to try and lean on them for the clearance price using the receipt copy that Anygunanywhere very kindly sent me (Thanks Anygun!).

Neither location was able (or willing?) to search their system to see who might have one in stock...

Oh well. :waiting:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

RoyGBiv wrote:I visited 2 Walmarts today that sell firearms, but neither had the MVP in stock, so I did not have a chance to try and lean on them for the clearance price using the receipt copy that Anygunanywhere very kindly sent me (Thanks Anygun!).

Neither location was able (or willing?) to search their system to see who might have one in stock...

Shucky darn!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RoyGBiv »

anygunanywhere wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:I visited 2 Walmarts today that sell firearms, but neither had the MVP in stock, so I did not have a chance to try and lean on them for the clearance price using the receipt copy that Anygunanywhere very kindly sent me (Thanks Anygun!).

Shucky darn!
Yep! I hate missing out on a bargain..... Thanks for the assist though.. Much appreciated. :tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

RoyGBiv wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

Shucky darn!
Yep! I hate missing out on a bargain..... Thanks for the assist though.. Much appreciated. :tiphat:
You are welcome!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”