Speaking of skeet...

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Speaking of skeet...

Post by Bitter Clinger »

C-dub wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:I'm ready! Is it just going to be the three of us, or are there more coming?
My daughter is coming with me, so that's at least 4. She hasn't had much luck yet at stations 3, 4, and 5, but I told her you guys could probably help her more/better than I have been able to so far.

I thought TAM was also going to try and make this one.
I have been following this thread in the hopes that my travel schedule might free-up. No such luck so all I can say is "enjoy" and I am jealous!!! :cheers2: :fire
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pawpaw »

AndyC wrote:Rotten Apple and wife are planning on coming.
Well then, I might have to re-think this. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote:TAM can't make it, too busy on Sat.
Yeah, we made an offer on a new (to us) home in North Richland Hills, which is contingent on our Grapevine home being sold. That offer was accepted. Our house listed today and begins showing tomorrow. I am WAY too busy, with not nearly enough time to accomplish everything that needs to be done, to take Saturday off for skeet shooting and lunch with you guys. Believe me, I'd MUCH rather be shooting skeet than power-washing driveways, etc., but it just HAS to be done. IIRC, escrow on the new home closes on 10/26, so between now and then, I won't have time for much of anything. Heck, between illness, a California vacation, and badly injuring my ankle, I haven't even been to a range since before last May.

I would have REALLY liked to join you guys, but it is not to be. :???:

The up-side is that homes in my neighborhood, and specifically on my block, never last more than 24-48 hours after listing, and they always sell above the asking price. So with a little attention to things, we're going to come out of this in really good shape, with a HUGE new home.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RottenApple »

Pawpaw wrote:Well then, I might have to re-think this. ;-)
:totap:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 12

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
AndyC wrote:TAM can't make it, too busy on Sat.
Yeah, we made an offer on a new (to us) home in North Richland Hills, which is contingent on our Grapevine home being sold. That offer was accepted. Our house listed today and begins showing tomorrow. I am WAY too busy, with not nearly enough time to accomplish everything that needs to be done, to take Saturday off for skeet shooting and lunch with you guys. Believe me, I'd MUCH rather be shooting skeet than power-washing driveways, etc., but it just HAS to be done. IIRC, escrow on the new home closes on 10/26, so between now and then, I won't have time for much of anything. Heck, between illness, a California vacation, and badly injuring my ankle, I haven't even been to a range since before last May.

I would have REALLY liked to join you guys, but it is not to be. :???:

The up-side is that homes in my neighborhood, and specifically on my block, never last more than 24-48 hours after listing, and they always sell above the asking price. So with a little attention to things, we're going to come out of this in really good shape, with a HUGE new home.
What? You're moving farther away from me? That's unacceptable. :biggrinjester:

Is the new place really bigger? You lost me there. I'm thinking that our next house, after the child moves out, will probably be a little smaller since we won't require as much space for stuff and a child and her stuff and will be easier to maintain in advancing years. But you're going bigger? Is this to be able to store more firearms and ammo? :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

C-dub wrote:What? You're moving farther away from me? That's unacceptable. :biggrinjester:

Is the new place really bigger? You lost me there. I'm thinking that our next house, after the child moves out, will probably be a little smaller since we won't require as much space for stuff and a child and her stuff and will be easier to maintain in advancing years. But you're going bigger? Is this to be able to store more firearms and ammo? :biggrinjester:
PM Sent!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub
Posts in topic: 12

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
C-dub wrote:What? You're moving farther away from me? That's unacceptable. :biggrinjester:

PM Sent!
It is. I knew it!
:thumbs2:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”