Anyone have one of these Bushnell scopes? Custom Gold1.5-6X Ballistic

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Anyone have one of these Bushnell scopes? Custom Gold1.5-6X Ballistic

Post by puma guy »

Any of you tactical rifle guys have this scope or seen it? I ran across it on another forum and tried to find it on Bushnell's website with no success. A search on the internet had several saying it was a proprietary product made for a large concern that either backed out or went out of business. I saw that Natchez has sold Custom Gold Bushnell products and I see this one listed on their website. It was significantly less on the website I saw in the forum I mentioned for a limited time and I ordered one. Just curious if anyone if anyone has it and opinions if so.

Bushnell Custom Gold 1.5-6x32mm Illuminated Ballistic-x Reticle 8215632
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone have one of these Bushnell scopes? Custom Gold1.5-6X Ballistic

Post by mrvmax »

I checked a few of my distributors and could not find it. I can buy wholesale from Natchez but I don’t very often since their shipping is high compared to other distributors.

After dealing with Bushnell on a warranty issue and being disappointed I stopped buying their products. I notice their products have different warranties now depending upon what it is. I’ve used Burris, Nikon and Leupold scopes in 1-4 and 1-6 power ranges and have been pleased with them (even on high recoil guns like my 45-70 and 375 H&H). I’ve got two of the Leupold VX Hog scopes on different rifles and the Nikon is on my 464 Casull handgun.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

mrvmax wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:07 pm I checked a few of my distributors and could not find it. I can buy wholesale from Natchez but I don’t very often since their shipping is high compared to other distributors.

After dealing with Bushnell on a warranty issue and being disappointed I stopped buying their products. I notice their products have different warranties now depending upon what it is. I’ve used Burris, Nikon and Leupold scopes in 1-4 and 1-6 power ranges and have been pleased with them (even on high recoil guns like my 45-70 and 375 H&H). I’ve got two of the Leupold VX Hog scopes on different rifles and the Nikon is on my 464 Casull handgun.
Sorry you've had bad luck with their warranty. I've had good luck even with some old Bausch and Lomb optics that had lifetime warranties. Free repairs on them all and they even sent a brand new 8-40 Elite Binocular to replace a 30 year old pair of Discoverers. The only disappointment I've experienced was when I wanted to send a Simmons 3-9 back for fogging up shortly after I bought it. Required a me to pay shipping both ways, a $10 up front fee for the warranty repair. :lol: I only paid $49 for the scope to put on a .22 rifle and got a $30 rebate, so I just replaced it with a Nikon. I tried calling Bushnell today about 2Pm but the auto answer said they were closed. I'm going to call them Monday to see if I can get to any info. I bought the Custom Gold 1.5-6x32mm from a vendor on the forum where I saw it for 125 bucks so we'll see.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Scope arrived today. Cursory exam looks to be a solid and clear scope. It has an attached elevated mount for a rail. The red illuminated reticle is only the center verticle crosshair and the BDC cross hashes . Brightness from 0-11 is plenty bright at lower settings. Comes with flip up covers for the ocular and objective bells. It seems heavy for it's size, but that may be due to it being illuminated. Haven't checked the manual yet for battery type or location. Trying to decide whether to put it on an AR-15 or AR15-22. Leaning toward the Rock River AR-15 .223 Wylde. If it ever cools off I'll try to get it to the range.

Topic author
puma guy

Re: Anyone have one of these Bushnell scopes? Custom Gold1.5-6X Ballistic UPDATE

Post by puma guy »

I spoke with Bushnell Tech Support, Scott to get some information on this scope since it wasn't listed on their website. He informed me it was a specially made sight with a Weaver Reticle (Bushnell and Weaver are owned by the same conglomerate) for proprietary marketing by a large concern that didn't pan out. No explanation. I mentioned Natchez marketed them as well as some other Custom Gold optics and was told they bought out a lot of the line. Natchez is still selling this scope for $165, but I saw some extremely steep discounts on other scopes in the Custom Gold series that had already sold out. Scott compared the Custom Gold Series to the Bushnell Trophy Series for glass and construction quality.

EDITED for additional Information. the "large concern" turns out to be Gander Mountain. I guess when GM bit the dust, Bushnell was left holding the bag on inventory.
From Wise Arms regarding the Bushnell Gold Custom 3-9X44mm scope
PRODUCT SUMMARY
The Bushnell Custom Series Riflescope is a Gander Mountain Exclusive line of optics engineered specifically for outdoor users who demand precision, high-end features, exceptional performance, and market-leading value.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”