Build AR 6.5 Grendel

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Build AR 6.5 Grendel

Post by Teamless »

My brother in law and I are looking into making a foray into building an AR 6.5 Grendel

Having never built any AR’s before we haven’t bought any components before

There are lots of online locations to buy from and we are certainly willing to do so, but thought we would check to see if there were suggestions for local companies to buy components from.

Local = South of Houston, League City, etc

Thanks in advnce for suggestions
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

jb2012

Re: Build AR 6.5 Grendel

Post by jb2012 »

I believe primary arms is Houston area, and they typically run some pretty great deals. Online has been the easiest way to find decent deals, I use the gun.deals app to look find discounted parts. They also have a website if you don’t want to download the app.

Be warned, once the bug bites you, you’ll find your armory grows at a pretty rapid rate haha.

ETA: Radical Firearms is also Houston based, and is a decent entry level brand.
Larue is Texas based as well and very high quality, but not sure of the location or if they even have a storefront.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

A suggestion ... If I’m not mistaken, isn’t 6.5 Grendel adapted from the 7.62x39 cartridge, or am I thinking of something else? Because if that’s the case, it might be better to get it chambered in 6.8 SPC for reasons of magazine compatibility with other ARs? Just a thought.....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

NordicTexan

Post by NordicTexan »

The 6.5 Grendel is more like a 5.56, the 6.5 creedmore is the bigger cartridge, to complete with the 308
NRA,
Sons of the American Revolution
Go Vandy

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”