Whataburger "AR"

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

skeathley
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Whataburger "AR"

Post by skeathley »

I like Whataburger, but, after all, they restrict OC, but are too sleazy to post 30.07. They want to appear pro-gun, but are willing to embarrass people who OC.

:banghead:
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Oldgringo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 pm
joe817 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:48 pm I don't understand the apparent fixation on Whataburger. They are not even our second fast food choice. :biggrinjester:
What's your first fast food choice? Dairy Queen? :cheers2:
We like Legends and given a choice between Whataburger and Taco Bell, we'll go to Braums.
Having never heard of those two I'll assume they are local burger joints. There are many local burger joints I'd go to first but if I need something fast (food), Whataburger would be first choice. And I don't go to Taco Bell for Mexican food, I go (very rarely) to Taco Bell for Taco Bell food.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

skeathley wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:35 am I like Whataburger, but, after all, they restrict OC, but are too sleazy to post 30.07. They want to appear pro-gun, but are willing to embarrass people who OC.

:iagree: so much - it makes them look like Hypercrytes! I still have the card that was handed to me by the manager last time I OC'd there. I shall not be going back. From now on its going to be DQ or Chicken Oil, I dare not try Back in the Jox or my wife will give me grief.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

They are in business so there is no stand they are whatever they are around.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men...

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

TreyHouston wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:58 pm I agree with Wataburger! You can’t go putting peoples logos on stuff.
So..... did I do a bad thing here?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:12 am
TreyHouston wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:58 pm I agree with Wataburger! You can’t go putting peoples logos on stuff.
SHAME ON YOU! I hope Hello Kitty comes over and spanks your bootie! :smilelol5:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

jason812

Post by jason812 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:12 am
Is that an official sticker or did you paint or create it yourself?

I think the Whataburger rifle is silly but that's just me. I did like the magazine though. I wonder what Whataburger would say if the artist used officially licensed logos for the build.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Noggin wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:43 pm I still have the card that was handed to me by the manager last time I OC'd there. I shall not be going back.
Was it something other than his business card? If so can you post a pic of it?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jason812 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:59 pm Is that an official sticker or did you paint or create it yourself?
It's a sticker that I got online from Amazon. But it is hardly an original idea. I got the idea from AndyC, who put one on a shotgun of his as a joke. I did the same, but never got around to taking it off. I'd actually forgotten about it until this thread.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

B14727BC-24A7-421F-BDB2-086C294F7CE8.jpeg

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Did Andy Warhol ever get sued for painting those Campbell's Soup Cans?
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

skeathley wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:35 am I like Whataburger, but, after all, they restrict OC, but are too sleazy to post 30.07. They want to appear pro-gun, but are willing to embarrass people who OC.

My problem with Whataburger is not that they decided to restrict OC, or even that they are doing so by talking to customers instead of posting signs. My problem is how they went about it.

If you remember, Whataburger publicly announced that they would not allow OC right after the law passed, which was around 6 months before it would even take effect. A rational approach would have been to allow the law to take effect, see if there were any issues, then make a decision. The only reason to make a knee jerk decision and then publicly announce it 6 months ahead of time was to send a message.

I'm not sure if this was simply driven by a childish reaction to a decision that they didn't support 100%, if they were pandering to the anti-gun crowd, or if there really is an anti-freedom sentiment among the leadership of that company. But whatever the reason, it was a slap in the face to those who believe that the purpose of government is to secure the rights and freedoms that we are born with.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I think a Grumpy Cat sticker (as in "NO!", "GO AWAY!") would be more appropriate for a 12 ga pump then a Hello Kitty sticker. Well, unless you're implying "say hello to my (not so) little friend". :shock:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:42 am I think a Grumpy Cat sticker (as in "NO!", "GO AWAY!") would be more appropriate for a 12 ga pump then a Hello Kitty sticker. Well, unless you're implying "say hello to my (not so) little friend". :shock:
I'll sue! :biggrinjester:
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”