Pistol Caliber Carbine Roundup

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jb2012
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Pistol Caliber Carbine Roundup

Post by jb2012 »

teraph wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:11 am Does anyone on here have a Kriss Vector in 45ACP?
I was looking at getting another PCC for the house (already have a SUB2000 that likes to live in the Jeep), and I figured 45ACP would be really easy to suppress.
What are y'alls thoughts?
The Kriss Vector is absolutely AWESOME... in it’s full auto variant. The range I worked at for a while had a Vector machine gun and it shot insanely fast and stayed flat. I however feel the same way about the MP5 platform yet there are thousands and thousands of people shelling out $2500 for a civvy MP5. To each his own.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AdioSS wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:13 pm TAM I’d be interested in hearing if your son has the same issues with the gun & if he has done anything to correct them.
In answer to your first question, yes, he HAS had the exact same accuracy issues, but not with the suppressor mounted. I’m not about to mount a $850 suppressor onto a $430 carbine, just so that the carbine can destroy the suppressor—as has almost happened once already. Unsuppressed, it shoots to approximately the same point of impact for him as it did for me. In fact, he shot the Sub-2000 and my PC9 together on the same day at Elm Fork in Dallas, even using the same target—a standard B27. The PC9 shot to point of aim, and the Kel-Tec did not. It was off by roughly the same amount and in the same direction for him, as it previously had been for me. By the way, I shoot left-handed, and my son shoots right-handed, so it’s definitely not a shooter error problem.

To answer the second question, so far as I know, he has not yet addressed the problem to see if it can be fixed. He just started a new job on Monday, and he’s been pretty busy. I do know that he intends to try, as he’d like to be able to throw it in his messenger bag.

Again, I want to reiterate that others may not be having this problem with their Sub-2000s. It’s entirely possible that ours is a lemon. But I’m not ever going to drop another $430 to find out if ours is an exception to the rule, and risk having $860 worth of junk. IF I ever buy/build another PCC, it will either be an AR, or it will be something like the Striborg or something with a folding stock that’s well-established like a CZ Scorpion.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

AdioSS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AdioSS »

Was it the first generation or the Gen2?

The Annoyed Man

AdioSS wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:31 pm Was it the first generation or the Gen2?
Gen 2, in FDE. Has the longer grip that takes G17 mags
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

teraph

Post by teraph »

TAM,

That's pretty odd, and you are right. My experience is quite a bit different. My SUB2000 has been absolutely reliable, with everything I've fed it. And I have been able to do headshots at 25m without too much trouble. The only thing I've added to it, was a Burris Fastfire mounted on a Midwest Industries mount.

As for getting a different PCC....I love my AR platforms, but I'd like to look into non-AR options, in either 9mm or 45ACP for suppression purposes (it sucks to shoot 5.56 indoors). Preferably in a large pistol format so it would be easier to move around indoors.
This We'll Defend

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I've been pretty happy with my Sig MPX pistol. It's been reliable and pretty fun to shoot. The only downside has been the cost of magazines. Planning on SBR'ing it sometime.

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MadMonkey »

LeonCarr wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:00 pm I honesty don't know why people waste their time and money on PCCs.
My smallest 300BLK pistol doesn't fit in my messenger bag.

My micro Scorpion does.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Scott B. »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:06 am I've been pretty happy with my Sig MPX pistol. It's been reliable and pretty fun to shoot. The only downside has been the cost of magazines. Planning on SBR'ing it sometime.
MPX mags are a little on the pricey side, but then I point at what STI mags cost and the pain goes away. :mrgreen:

What length is your pistol? I can't seem to make up my mind what to go with. Gen 1 had 4.5, 6", and 8" pistols. Gen 2 is 4.5" with some 8" available through LE sales.

I did run a factory 4.5" MPX SBR at the Sig academy range a couple of months back for a CQB course. I was very impressed with the accuracy out of that short barrel, but found the handguard a little too short for my liking. The most comfortable position ended up with me grasping the magwell with my thumb over the top rail.

With that experience in mind, thinking about setting up a 4.5" barrel with the 8" handguard and just keeping it suppressed. Or, go with the 8" barrel and only occasionally suppressing the MPX. I keep going back and forth on that point. The suppressed 4.5" is bad to the bone, but unsuppressed for the the occasional PCC match would be more practical.

I'm going to bite the bullet before end of the year one way or another.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

QB

Post by QB »

I love the CX4 and it's thumbhole stock. I also prefer left ejection and being able to easily change it without buying any other parts. I also didn't have to buy any additional mags since I had plenty of 17 round 92 mags as well as some 30 rounders.

I recently made one of my CX4s 922r compliant and had the barrel threaded to use with my 9mm CGS/ZEV Kraken suppressor (still in ATF jail, going on 12 months).

I like the size, weight, and the way it balances.
Last edited by QB on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Lena
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Lena »

Could someone advise a red dot that is inexpensive for an 8" 9mm, all I have are EOT and looking for a much cheaper one, NOT TRUE GLO. With rail mounting on top. MUCH CHEAPER.
Stay Safe

The Annoyed Man

Lena wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:01 pm Could someone advise a red dot that is inexpensive for an 8" 9mm, all I have are EOT and looking for a much cheaper one, NOT TRUE GLO. With rail mounting on top. MUCH CHEAPER.
Primary Arms has cheap red dot optics. That’s what I have on my PC9.

#TINVOWOOT

Lena

Post by Lena »

do you have a model number?
thanks in advance wanting this carbine for a year and all finally happened
Stay Safe

Lena

Post by Lena »

If it don't sell with a pistol I found a mount for my Holo Sun that looks like it will work fine and will put that on my AR and leave the EOT on the 9mm as it will be used more, if not Shortly I will be looking for another if it sells. I do like shooting the short 9mm.
Stay Safe

The Annoyed Man

Lena wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:36 pm do you have a model number?
thanks in advance wanting this carbine for a year and all finally happened
Primary Arms SLx Advanced Push Button Microdot Red Dot Sight
$129.99
https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arm ... fe-red-dot

#TINVOWOOT

Lena

Post by Lena »

Thanks the short 9mm is growing on me, loaded 800 rounds for it today, next will be looking for a comfortable sling for it. I have a good idea it will make many trips in the front seat checking on mama cows this winter, day night all weather. Just so easy to use in my pickup.
Stay Safe

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”