New Hampshire

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Kalrog
Posts in topic: 2

New Hampshire

Post by Kalrog »

I started filling out the NH non-resident app today and I had a question for those of you who have filled it out before (prior to calling them and asking the same questions).

1) What did you put for reason? Was the only thing they wanted there "protection" or "all legal purposes"? My reason is honestly so that I can carry in Alabama...

2) Do the references need to be non-relatives? I don't go around advertising that I carry, much less that I am getting another CHL license, but I do have a couple of friends that I could ask.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

For references use some of us. You have a Texas CHL. That is legal character reference enough for me to sell you a pistol. You probably know someone on the forum that you have met & mabe helped w/ something while they were in your area. I have used some on the forum for payment references when buying or selling. Think hard.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gigag04 »

I would give both you guys a reference. A few others as well...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

There are quite a few "forum" folks (here and at at least one other good one) that I would use for references - but I don't know what criteria they are looking for with their references.

I don't think I have met anyone from this forum in person, but there are a bunch (including some all the way across the country in Michigan) that I have met on gun forums. We are a great bunch of guys (for the most part) and we need to add more gals to the ranks. :lol:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

This one has more ladies per capata than any other I know. I think it has a lot to do w/ the 10 yr old daughter rule. ;-) Thanks again Charles.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

No4Mk1

Re: New Hampshire

Post by No4Mk1 »

Kalrog wrote:1) What did you put for reason? Was the only thing they wanted there "protection" or "all legal purposes"? My reason is honestly so that I can carry in Alabama...
I put "all legal purposes" and had no trouble.
The beauty of Grace is that it makes life not fair.

http://www.guncollectorsforum.com

oilman

Post by oilman »

One of my references was a relative.

I put "protection" and "all proper purposes" on my application. Received the non-resident license withing 2 weeks.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

longtooth wrote:This one has more ladies per capata than any other I know. I think it has a lot to do w/ the 10 yr old daughter rule. ;-) Thanks again Charles.

+1, and here's a publication that some of the ladies might be interested in.

http://www.womenandguns.com/index.html
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “Other States”