Trip to Cozumel

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
tex45acp
Posts in topic: 1

Trip to Cozumel

Post by tex45acp »

My wife & I were just given an all expense paid trip to Cozumel by our son and I was wondering about carrying my concealed weapon down there and then carrying it concealed after we arrive. I have gone through transporting a gun while flying already without incident here in the good ol'e USA, but I am now going to another country.

Has anyone had any experience with Cozumel and this issue. I would like to know the law and any of your experiences in such matters.

Thanks
Mike
Texas.....Nuff Said!!!

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Thats mexico - I'm pretty sure it wouldnt be a good idea. I've some scary stories of people crossing the border with weapons. I may be wrong though. Have a great trip!

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

RatMan

Re: Trip to Cozumel

Post by RatMan »

tex45acp wrote:Has anyone had any experience with Cozumel and this issue. I would like to know the law and any of your experiences in such matters.
Congrats on the trip, but leave you gun at HOME! Cozumel is Mexico and getting caught with a firearm will mean spending time in a hell hole. Trust me, it's NOT worth it.
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus Model 617TBC .357mag
Taurus .45 Millennium Pro
Taurus .380 Millennium
American Derringer .45ACP

one eyed fatman
Banned

Post by one eyed fatman »

Taking guns to Mexico equals a nice long prison stay. Years. Get caught with a bullet in your pocket and no gun and you go to prison for many, many years. Free cockroach's, all you can eat, served daily in prison.

XD_Dan

Re: Trip to Cozumel

Post by XD_Dan »

tex45acp wrote:Has anyone had any experience with Cozumel and this issue. I would like to know the law and any of your experiences in such matters.

Thanks
Mike
Leave it at home. You won't need it if you stay in the tourist area. There are people all over the place. It's very unlikely that you'll have any problems. Cozumel is all about keeping the tourists happy, and the locals do a good job of keeping the riff-raff away.

Have fun, go snorkeling, and have a few cervezas for me!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Ditto...No gun-o in da barrio...

Or you're gonna learn a new language over a "long" period of time...

BTW, have a great trip...You "will" have a great time...We did...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “Other States”