AZ Non-Resident Permit Issue Time

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

CleverNickname
Posts in topic: 2

Re: AZ Non-Resident Permit Issue Time

Post by CleverNickname »

AJSully421 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:What permits do you need to carry in every state that allows CC?
Currently impossible as most of the screwed up states are "may issue" and only to residents. Think NY, NJ, CA, MA...

In Texas, having TX, AZ, & UT will give you about as many states as you can get.
Last I checked, MA is effectively shall-issue for non-residents, as long as they have a license from their home state. The state police issue for non-residents. The problem is that a non-resident license only lasts a year, is expensive (~$200 IIRC), and you must apply in person.

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 8

Post by AJSully421 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:What permits do you need to carry in every state that allows CC?
Currently impossible as most of the screwed up states are "may issue" and only to residents. Think NY, NJ, CA, MA...

In Texas, having TX, AZ, & UT will give you about as many states as you can get.
With my Texas and Utah already in hand maybe I should get my Arizona so I can be a triple threat
I did. My in-laws own a cabin in Brian Head, and we fly through Las Vegas to get there. Since Nevada dropped Texas and Utah on reciprocity, I needed another license to be legal there. So I got Arizona.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Richbirdhunter »

AJSully421 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:

With my Texas and Utah already in hand maybe I should get my Arizona so I can be a triple threat
I did. My in-laws own a cabin in Brian Head, and we fly through Las Vegas to get there. Since Nevada dropped Texas and Utah on reciprocity, I needed another license to be legal there. So I got Arizona.
The Nevada is new information, my inlaws used to live in Nevada and I could always use my Utah CCW there.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:

The Nevada is new information, my inlaws used to live in Nevada and I could always use my Utah CCW there.
Nevada dropped Utah in 2009.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

AJSully421 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:

As a resident of Nevada you couldn't use a Utah CCW but as a visitor to Nevada a Uath CCW was welcomed.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:

As a resident of Nevada you couldn't use a Utah CCW but as a visitor to Nevada a Uath CCW was welcomed.
No kidding, I never heard that. Oh well, my AZ permit is also a good "third backup". I will likely not renew my Florida license since it no longer adds any states.

mr1337
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr1337 »

I got my AZ permit in like... 2 weeks, just a few months ago.

Now only if I could find a UT instructor...
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

mr1337 wrote:I got my AZ permit in like... 2 weeks, just a few months ago.

http://bci.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/ ... 072016.pdf

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

AJSully421 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:

No kidding, I never heard that. Oh well, my AZ permit is also a good "third backup". I will likely not renew my Florida license since it no longer adds any states.
I called Nevada today and they said that my Utah CCW was no longer valid. Thank you for the tip.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

mr1337 wrote:I got my AZ permit in like... 2 weeks, just a few months ago.

Crossfire right here on this forum is a UT instructor.

T.Chaney

Post by T.Chaney »

I just requested by email the packet to obtain my Arizona permit as well.Seems logical to have a legal means to carry if something were to happen to my TX. CWP.Will probably lock my Az.permit in my safe,and if I lose my wallet or something I can use it until my replacement comes.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Bluegill

Post by Bluegill »

once i mailed my fingerprint card after making sure all my paperwork was absolutely correct I got my florida permit in only 3 weeks... renewals are even faster I hear.

magillapd

Post by magillapd »

I mailed my packet off yesterday so we'll see how long it takes.
“I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
NRA- Life member :patriot:
TSRA - Conditional Life Member :txflag:

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

There is also the possibility that a state could drop reciprocity with Texas for political reasons (Texas gov says something that state X gov doesn't like). In that case, having a back-up ready would possibly save you from not being able to carry on a trip.

T.Chaney

Post by T.Chaney »

Just got my Az. in the mail.Love this forum.I would have never gotten it if I hadn't seen the information here.Great group of peeps,smart too!
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Return to “Other States”