Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Mandatory Sentence for "Illegal" Guns

Post by chasfm11 »

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/07/2 ... l-hearing/

In another State, I might applaud a bill which clamps down on the illegal carrying of guns. But in Maryland, there is pretty much no such thing as the legal carrying of a gun unless your are an LEO or a political insider, due to the State's "may issue" approach to concealed handguns. I don't have the same enthusiastic support for this bill.

So I guess the thought process is that the good citizens of Baltimore will stop harming one another when there are no guns around. Good luck with that.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

WildBill

Re: Mandatory Sentence for "Illegal" Guns

Post by WildBill »

In principle I am against a mandatory sentence for any crime. :rules:
NRA Endowment Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

If I ever did anything like that it would be purely by accident, but I think I should get what Eric Holder got for trafficking illegal weapons it it did happen.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

WildBill wrote:In principle I am against a mandatory sentence for any crime. :rules:

I just wish that they would require people to do the time they are given. Too many are back out on the streets before the jury members get to change clothes.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Other States”