Post by gtolbert09 »

USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mass: Senate Unanimously bans bump stocks

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

It looks like the NRA finally woke up. Let's just hope that it isn't too late to stop this latest gun confiscation effort.
The National Rifle Association cautioned Linsky’s ban is sweeping in its context and cautions that federal regulators are already reviewing the devices, which may eliminate any need for a legislative fix.

“This broad language could be easily interpreted to ban match grade triggers, ergonomic enhancements, recoil reducing weights, muzzle brakes, and other modifications that countless law-abiding gun owners utilize in order to make their firearms more user-friendly and suitable for self-defense, competition, hunting, and even adapting to physical disability,” says an alert issued Wednesday by the group’s lobbying arm. “Many of these modifications simply make it easier to deliver accurate and controlled shots with less physical discomfort for the shooter without fundamentally changing the mechanics of how a firearm operates.”

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MaduroBU »

I think that the danger is overbroad language. A legal workaround to full auto is not the hill that we want to die on.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

MaduroBU wrote:I think that the danger is overbroad language. A legal workaround to full auto is not the hill that we want to die on.
There are no legal workarounds to full auto, and none are being proposed.

What language would you propose that would ban "bump stocks" and not impact semi-auto weapons in general? Any such language would not prevent bump firing. Bump firing is a technique, not a gun part. Unless you ban belt loops and a myriad of other things you will not stop someone from being able to bump fire a weapon.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

I'm surprised California is letting Massachusetts beat them to a ban.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

ninjabread wrote:I'm surprised California is letting Massachusetts beat them to a ban.
Never under-estimate the silliness o the state that gave us Ted Kennedy Elizabeth Warren and Barney Frank.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

The hilarious part of this is...you don't need a stock to be able to bumpfire
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
What language would you propose that would ban "bump stocks" and not impact semi-auto weapons in general?
And this is exactly the rub. This is the start of the fight over ALL semi-automatic rifles. It is starting with the bump stock but it won't stop there if this passes.
Psalm 91:2

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

This is the slippery slope that I saw coming as well. Without mentioning the name of the organization that placed bets that we’d get something through some ingenious plan, I never bought it.
Once the leftists sink their teeth into this, with a little elbow rub from their rino comrades, everything will very soon be fair game.
That is precisely why not a millimeter should be freely given. Especially not on a silver platter.

You should never underestimate your opponent.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

My experience after Las Vegas is of how ill informed the general public is about any aspect of a firearm. So, when bump fire stocks or other "bad gun product" is described or discussed it tends to quickly have the gun-ignorant public crying that "all guns are bad because people get killed." I've had many discussions trying to educate emotional people on facts and I'm not sure my facts got through the emotions.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I thought his name was: Barney Fwank.

Return to “Other States”