Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
strogg
Posts in topic: 1

MI: Expands carry zones to schools and churches

Post by strogg »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 843592001/

And of course, the anti 2a nuts are complaining that law abiding citizens will now be allowed to go on a rampage, and that the politicians should focus on adding more laws even though the current laws that would have stopped the Sutherland attack aren't being enforced properly. Uh huh. Right...

But it's good news for Michigan CCW holders.

Pritchical

Re: MI: Expands carry zones to schools and churches

Post by Pritchical »

My girlfriend is a teacher. I sure like the idea of her being able to carry at work. Those schools are just large nests full of baby birds with no mother to protect them.

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

My friend is a pastor at a church in Ann Arbor Michigan, we were catching up recently as discussed my involvement with my own church safety team and some of the plans that might be in the works and he shared that they have no safety team or paid off-duty officers and really no plan for the last 17 years. The subject of guns in church came up for them recently when the church was asked for permission to carry in church by one of the members (in Michigan it is prohibited unless permission is given :grumble ). Anyway, the pastors and elders never made a decision and had push-back from someone about it (being Ann Arbor I am not surprised).

This was two weeks ago, before the Sutherland Springs shootings.

In light of what happened here last week, I need to circle back and see if they have made any changes or plans in their policy. Hopefully the Michigan legislature has a good version of the bill to remove some of the prohibited places. Not sure if this bill (based on this article) would be good or not.
NRA Life Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The article indicates the bill only passed out of Senate Committee. It's not a done deal by any means.

Chas.

Return to “Other States”