Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1973
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

#1

Post by Bitter Clinger » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Wonder if Costco in Kansas is also a GFZ?:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/27/of ... ostco.html
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3440
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

#2

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Bad guy with gun stopped by good guy with gun.

Costco (at least the one I shop at) does not have any 30.06 signage. There is a 30.07 sign on the separate entry to the liquor area so that would be valid if that area is considered a separate premises. Otherwise, even that sign would be invalid since 30.07 is not posted at all entrances. Of course, you might get verbal notice if you OC there.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

#3

Post by TreyHouston » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Missing a lot of details but sounds to be like crazy guy with gun. Interesting to see how this liberal corporation will react
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3725
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

#4

Post by bblhd672 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Costco used to have a corporate "no guns" policy in their membership rules. We dropped Costco and retained Sam's Club due to that policy.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3440
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

#5

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:30 pm

bblhd672 wrote:Costco used to have a corporate "no guns" policy in their membership rules. We dropped Costco and retained Sam's Club due to that policy.
Hmmm. I didn't see anything in the rules when I signed up a little over a year ago.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

#6

Post by oljames3 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:42 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Costco used to have a corporate "no guns" policy in their membership rules. We dropped Costco and retained Sam's Club due to that policy.
Hmmm. I didn't see anything in the rules when I signed up a little over a year ago.
From the Costco website:
"Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers."
https://www.costco.com/member-privilege ... tions.html
"Updated Nov. 6, 2017
©2017 Costco Wholesale Corporation. All rights reserved."
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6457
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

#7

Post by philip964 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:18 pm

oljames3 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Costco used to have a corporate "no guns" policy in their membership rules. We dropped Costco and retained Sam's Club due to that policy.
Hmmm. I didn't see anything in the rules when I signed up a little over a year ago.
From the Costco website:
"Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers."
https://www.costco.com/member-privilege ... tions.html
"Updated Nov. 6, 2017
©2017 Costco Wholesale Corporation. All rights reserved."
Ask Erik Scott's father how he feels about Costco.

User avatar

troglodyte
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: Hockley County
Contact:

Re: Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

#8

Post by troglodyte » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:12 pm

Costco policy does not prohibit licensed carriers., at least not legally. I'm sure they could kick you out for any number of things but they can't have you arrested for carrying.

PC §30.06. TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN.
...(3) “Written communication” means:
(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: “Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun”
Talon Firearms Training
License To Carry Instructor
School Safety Instructor
NRA Instructor - Basic pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home.


bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3725
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

#9

Post by bblhd672 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:19 pm

troglodyte wrote:Costco policy does not prohibit licensed carriers., at least not legally. I'm sure they could kick you out for any number of things but they can't have you arrested for carrying.

PC §30.06. TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN.
...(3) “Written communication” means:
(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: “Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun”
I would guess the only thing they could do is ask you to leave and/or revoke your membership since you agreed to abide by the rules when you signed up.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

#10

Post by TreyHouston » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:44 pm

oljames3 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Costco used to have a corporate "no guns" policy in their membership rules. We dropped Costco and retained Sam's Club due to that policy.
Hmmm. I didn't see anything in the rules when I signed up a little over a year ago.
From the Costco website:
"Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers."
https://www.costco.com/member-privilege ... tions.html
"Updated Nov. 6, 2017
©2017 Costco Wholesale Corporation. All rights reserved."
Dont go back into the warehouse then, stay in the front store area!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Post Reply

Return to “Other States”