"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Off-duty officer shoots, kills man brandishing gun at Kansas Costco

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Bad guy with gun stopped by good guy with gun.

Costco (at least the one I shop at) does not have any 30.06 signage. There is a 30.07 sign on the separate entry to the liquor area so that would be valid if that area is considered a separate premises. Otherwise, even that sign would be invalid since 30.07 is not posted at all entrances. Of course, you might get verbal notice if you OC there.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Missing a lot of details but sounds to be like crazy guy with gun. Interesting to see how this liberal corporation will react
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Costco used to have a corporate "no guns" policy in their membership rules. We dropped Costco and retained Sam's Club due to that policy.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

bblhd672 wrote:Costco used to have a corporate "no guns" policy in their membership rules. We dropped Costco and retained Sam's Club due to that policy.
Hmmm. I didn't see anything in the rules when I signed up a little over a year ago.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Costco used to have a corporate "no guns" policy in their membership rules. We dropped Costco and retained Sam's Club due to that policy.
Hmmm. I didn't see anything in the rules when I signed up a little over a year ago.
From the Costco website:
"Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers."
https://www.costco.com/member-privilege ... tions.html
"Updated Nov. 6, 2017
©2017 Costco Wholesale Corporation. All rights reserved."
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

philip964

Post by philip964 »

oljames3 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
From the Costco website:
"Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers."
"Updated Nov. 6, 2017
Ask Erik Scott's father how he feels about Costco.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Costco policy does not prohibit licensed carriers., at least not legally. I'm sure they could kick you out for any number of things but they can't have you arrested for carrying.

PC §30.06. TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN.
...(3) “Written communication” means:
(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: “Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun”
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

troglodyte wrote:Costco policy does not prohibit licensed carriers., at least not legally. I'm sure they could kick you out for any number of things but they can't have you arrested for carrying.

PC §30.06. TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN.
...(3) “Written communication” means:
(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: “Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun”
I would guess the only thing they could do is ask you to leave and/or revoke your membership since you agreed to abide by the rules when you signed up.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

oljames3 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
From the Costco website:
"Updated Nov. 6, 2017
Dont go back into the warehouse then, stay in the front store area!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Other States”