Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

IL: Confiscation - State Congress Orders Once Legal Owners to Turn in Guns

Post by NotRPB »

Confiscation: State Congress Orders Legal Owners to Turn in Guns
“Nobody wants to confiscate your guns,” liberals assure the rest of America. “Stop exaggerating.”

Flash forward to Thursday. Lawmakers in Democrat-controlled Illinois have passed a bill to — you guessed it — confiscate currently legal firearms from gun owners. So much for being paranoid.
Read more at :
https://conservativetribune.com/state-g ... tion-bill/

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Confiscation: State Congress Orders Once Legal Owners to Turn in Guns

Post by Grundy1133 »

that's when you move to a state whose lawmakers aren't complete incompetent rubes.
NRA Member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

NotRPB wrote:Confiscation: State Congress Orders Legal Owners to Turn in Guns
“Nobody wants to confiscate your guns,” liberals assure the rest of America. “Stop exaggerating.”

Flash forward to Thursday. Lawmakers in Democrat-controlled Illinois have passed a bill to — you guessed it — confiscate currently legal firearms from gun owners. So much for being paranoid.
Read more at :
https://conservativetribune.com/state-g ... tion-bill/
This ought to get a rapid SCOTUS smackdown if signed into law. But then again.......
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NotRPB »

See what happens with Registration lists
who owns what
Where you live
What you buy

But ...

How many crimes has Registration actually solved when criminals seem to forget to leave a stolen fingerprinted gun behind at the scene ...?

I'm not going to register my new dishwasher warranty card, if it falls on someone some day after I sell my house and move away ... they'll blame me.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

NotRPB wrote:See what happens with Registration lists
who owns what
Where you live
What you buy

But ...

How many crimes has Registration actually solved when criminals seem to forget to leave a stolen fingerprinted gun behind at the scene ...?

I'm not going to register my new dishwasher warranty card, if it falls on someone some day after I sell my house and move away ... they'll blame me.
its bad enough they fingerprint us and put us in a database like sexual predators JUST to exercise our constitutional 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms, but every tim we buy a gun they put us in ANOTHER database so they can keep track of who owns what... its just a form of control so the govt can disarm us easier....
NRA Member

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Paladin »

Good article. Thanks for posting
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

Grundy1133 wrote:
who owns what
Where you live
What you buy

But ...

its bad enough they fingerprint us and put us in a database like sexual predators JUST to exercise our constitutional 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms, but every tim we buy a gun they put us in ANOTHER database so they can keep track of who owns what... its just a form of control so the govt can disarm us easier....
Do you have proof that this is being done? I am not saying it isn't being done but not legally at least in Texas. But the government gets FISA warrants illegally too. It wouldn't surprise me if it is illegally being done. The word though is "illegal" at least in Texas. There are states that require a license for a specific gun. If you buy a gun in Texas supposedly there is no database linking your name and that gun.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Well they can 'try it' ...see what happens....

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

rotor wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
who owns what
Where you live
What you buy

But ...

Do you have proof that this is being done? I am not saying it isn't being done but not legally at least in Texas. But the government gets FISA warrants illegally too. It wouldn't surprise me if it is illegally being done. The word though is "illegal" at least in Texas. There are states that require a license for a specific gun. If you buy a gun in Texas supposedly there is no database linking your name and that gun.
well yeah, it's common knowledge that when you go to buy a gun they do a background check and the firearm is "registered" to you meaning that data has to be kept somewhere whether its a filing cabinet or a server in washington. Regardless of where it's kept at any given time the govt can find out what guns are registered to you.
NRA Member

rotor

Post by rotor »

Grundy1133 wrote:
rotor wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
who owns what
Where you live
What you buy

But ...

well yeah, it's common knowledge that when you go to buy a gun they do a background check and the firearm is "registered" to you meaning that data has to be kept somewhere whether its a filing cabinet or a server in washington. Regardless of where it's kept at any given time the govt can find out what guns are registered to you.
As I said, do you have proof that this is being done? You believe that your firearms right now are registered? Common knowledge?

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Grundy, please do some research on the process of what happens here in Texas when one buys a firearm. Even if the buyer does not have a CHL/LTC the firearm Information is not transmitted to anybody. All the 4473 approval requires is either a handgun or a long gun with no make model or serial numbers transmitted. The completed 4473 forms stay with the transferring dealer until they close their business...... common knowledge must be like common sense.... not so common these days
Salty1

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

rotor wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
rotor wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
who owns what
Where you live
What you buy

But ...

As I said, do you have proof that this is being done? You believe that your firearms right now are registered? Common knowledge?
the only proof i have is the last time i went to buy a gun i had to fill out a form (after they did the background check) that has the model and serial number of the gun on it and i had to fill out my name, address of residence, phone number, and possibly SSN? i dont remember exactly.. it was 8 years ago. I know texas doesnt have any laws requiring you to register your firearms, and no im not 100% sure but i'd bet my bottom dollar that somewhere in DC there are records of people and serial numbers of the guns they own..
NRA Member

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Grundy1133 wrote:
rotor wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
rotor wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
who owns what
Where you live
What you buy

But ...

the only proof i have is the last time i went to buy a gun i had to fill out a form (after they did the background check) that has the model and serial number of the gun on it and i had to fill out my name, address of residence, phone number, and possibly SSN? i dont remember exactly.. it was 8 years ago. I know texas doesnt have any laws requiring you to register your firearms, and no im not 100% sure but i'd bet my bottom dollar that somewhere in DC there are records of people and serial numbers of the guns they own..
but its not illegal in texas to keep a registry.... as per http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/ ... n/#federal

Eight states are explicitly prohibited by law from maintaining a registry of any firearms. However, many of these prohibitions contain general categories of exceptions, such as records relating to persons who have been convicted of a crime. Delaware,36 Florida,37 Georgia,38 Idaho,39 Rhode Island,40 South Dakota,41 and Vermont42 prohibit keeping any registry of privately owned firearms. Pennsylvania prohibits any registry of long guns.43
NRA Member

rotor

Post by rotor »

Grundy1133, I think a lot of people think their guns are registered when they buy one in Texas. But, you need to get out and buy some more guns if you haven't bought one in 8 years. Can never have too many (guns and ammo).

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: IL: Confiscation - State Congress Orders Once Legal Owners to Turn in Guns

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Contrary to the thread's title, the bill has only passed the Illinois House. It still has to pass the Senate and not get a veto from the Governor.

Chas.

Return to “Other States”