Posts in topic: 1

Washington State female motorcyclist defends herself

Post by TomV »

http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excaliber

Re: Washington State female motorcyclist defends herself

Post by Excaliber »

From the very sparse details in the article, this sounds like a good shoot that would have ended very badly for the lady if she hadn't been carrying.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I saw another report about this DGU (Defensive Gun Use) which stated that
the 60 year old attacker was driving a GMC SUV, and his wife was a passenger.

The wife saw her husband attack the female biker and saw him get killed. Sheesh.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

He was old enough to know better.
Charlie

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The media simply cannot report the facts without at least a slight spin, if not a major spin. The "woman who shot a motorist . . ." No, she didn't shoot a random "motorist," she shot her attacker who slammed her head into a barrier and drove her to the ground to continue his assault. My distrust of lying media grows daily. It would be interesting to see if this guy has a criminal history.

I'm sorry she had to shoot someone, but I'm glad she survived.
Chas.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The media simply cannot report the facts without at least a slight spin, if not a major spin. The "woman who shot a motorist . . ." No, she didn't shoot a random "motorist," she shot her attacker who slammed her head into a barrier and drove her to the ground to continue his assault. My distrust of lying media grows daily. It would be interesting to see if this guy has a criminal history.

Chas.
:iagree: :thumbs2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Update: http://mynorthwest.com/1084132/road-rag ... s#comments

This is a poorly written story, but has some more details of the original incident. The prosecutor declined to prosecute. I can find no criminal history, nor any other history, on line about the guy who attacked her.

Prosecutor's news release about his decision not to prosecute: https://www.co.pierce.wa.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=3700
USAF 1982-2005

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:08 pm The media simply cannot report the facts without at least a slight spin, if not a major spin.
Chas.
:iagree:

This. It drives me crazy. I can't watch the "news" any more regardless of the topic. The spin just drives me nuts.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:08 pm The media simply cannot report the facts without at least a slight spin, if not a major spin. The "woman who shot a motorist . . ." No, she didn't shoot a random "motorist," she shot her attacker who slammed her head into a barrier and drove her to the ground to continue his assault. My distrust of lying media grows daily. It would be interesting to see if this guy has a criminal history.

Chas.
Its not just the Media from the Prosecutors press release
". Ms. Bowlin said she acted in self defense and, given the evidence, the Prosecutor’s Office office can not prove otherwise"
Wait, what?? That implies they do not believe her story, its just they don't feel they can prove it, not they she was well within her right to self defense and use of deadly force.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

E.Marquez wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:48 pm
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:08 pm The media simply cannot report the facts without at least a slight spin, if not a major spin. The "woman who shot a motorist . . ." No, she didn't shoot a random "motorist," she shot her attacker who slammed her head into a barrier and drove her to the ground to continue his assault. My distrust of lying media grows daily. It would be interesting to see if this guy has a criminal history.

Chas.
". Ms. Bowlin said she acted in self defense and, given the evidence, the Prosecutor’s Office office can not prove otherwise"
Wait, what?? That implies they do not believe her story, its just they don't feel they can prove it, not they she was well within her right to self defense and use of deadly force.

I think it was just a poor choice of wording. He simply should have said: " All of the evidence, corroborates, Ms. Bowlin's statements. That she acted in self defense, and therefore, this office will seek no criminal charges."
Prosecutors, seek cases, in which they feel they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt, and I think that's why he inserted the part about "proving" a criminal case. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Chas.
:iagree:

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Jusme wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:36 am

Chas.
I think it was just a poor choice of wording. He simply should have said: " All of the evidence, corroborates, Ms. Bowlin's statements. That she acted in self defense, and therefore, this office will seek no criminal charges."
Prosecutors, seek cases, in which they feel they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt, and I think that's why he inserted the part about "proving" a criminal case. JMHO
Perhaps, its plausible for sure.
But do you think a civil attorneys client will read it that way, or will they present "evidence" that "even the DA did not believe her story, he just could not prove it"??

Id be all over that DA (well my lawyer would be) to publish a retraction and then a "better worded" statement
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

Chas.

In order to charge her they would have to be able to disprove the self defense claim.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

I hate to joke about a fatal shooting of any kind but I have to laugh thinking that his last thoughts must have been, "Man I picked the wrong biker chick".
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Return to “Other States”