Washington Open Carry

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
imkopaka
Posts in topic: 3

Washington Open Carry

Post by imkopaka »

I'm visiting family up in Washington State right now. Yesterday we took our kids to Steel Lake Park in Federal Way and there was a guy OC with a Ruger 9mm in a SERPA belt holster! :hurry:

I took the opportunity to thank him for not being like the leftist idiot majority up here and tell him that I felt safer with him there. I started talking and he mentioned that he's had the cops called on him multiple times for OC. I didn't ask if he'd ever been arrested as a result of those encounters. Of all the things I never thought I'd see while I was up here, an openly carried handgun wasn't one of them. :fire :thumbs2:
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Topic author
imkopaka

Re: Washington Open Carry

Post by imkopaka »

UPDATE:

I also had breakfast with a very pro-2A friend the other day and he mentioned that he OC's everywhere but in Seattle. I asked how that went and he said that usually it's a non-issue. He said that the cops have been called on him twice. The first time was when a woman started screaming "he's got a gun! Help!" and called the police. When they got there the police gave HER a ticket for disorderly conduct and told my friend to carry on. The second was when a woman called the police and started making stuff up about my friend (he's waving it around, he's trying to kill people, etc) and when they got there and got the whole story from witnesses they wrote THAT woman a ticket too! Something about giving a fraudulent statement or something - I forget.

In summary, I am SHOCKED that the police in Washington know and properly enforce gun laws up here. I decided not to OC while here because I didn't want to be the test case, but knowing this I wish I had!

snorri
Posts in topic: 1

Post by snorri »

I wouldn't open carry in Seattle either (because of the snowflakes, not the cops) but I had no issues in the smaller towns. No issues in Olympic National Park or Rainier National Park either, but I didn't go in visitor centers or gift shops.
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

Topic author
imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

I was in Felony Way (Federal Way :biggrinjester: ).

Return to “Other States”