Colorado taking first steps towards complete confiscation

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Oak Threeper
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Colorado taking first steps towards complete confiscation

Post by Oak Threeper »

bigtek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:39 pm It's enough to make a rational person cache a gun away from home just in case. Maybe more than one.
If you can afford it, more than one would be wise in these uncertain times. I have one cache within 20 miles and one in another state, that I will admit to. lol. With the price drop on base AR-15s, you can buy a rifle, 2-3 mags, 100 rounds of ammo, and an IFK for less than $500. Alternately, a deer rifle and a few boxes of ammo can be had for less money, and can be used to get an AR-15 and ammo along with many other useful things from OPFOR.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pawpaw »

mojo84 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:09 pm
DevilDawg wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:04 pm Ah yes, precrime.. good thing we had a movie about that benefit to society to condition us to willfully surrender our rights to peoples “feelings”
So, a severely mentally ill person should just be left alone by his/her family, friends or authorities until a crime is committed? Do you base all of your decisions on movies? On the contrary, my opinions in this matter are based on real life personal experience that ended in the death of a family member and the attempted suicide of another that left him with the mental capacity of a 4 year old for the 30 years.

The point being, proactive action by those that know the mentally ill person can go long way in protecting the mentally ill person as well as others. They just need a process to do so.
I'm truly sorry for your experience. I also have personal experience with this. My family member became mentally imbalanced and showed potentially deadly anger issues. The family managed to remove all firearms from his house. It didn't do any good... He attacked the family with a double-bit axe.

This bill did point out a real issue (mental health), but it then proposed an wholly inadequate solution. A better solution would be to provide a mechanism to have the person confined while he is evaluated and then provided some real help.

Bills like this are nothing more than a vehicle for firearm confiscation... one step at a time.

EDIT: I realize I neglected to mention it, but my hypothetical solution would include a court hearing which includes the accused. Part of our "due process" includes the right to face your accusers. That never should be omitted.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DevilDawg »

mojo84 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:09 pm
DevilDawg wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:04 pm Ah yes, precrime.. good thing we had a movie about that benefit to society to condition us to willfully surrender our rights to peoples “feelings”
So, a severely mentally ill person should just be left alone by his/her family, friends or authorities until a crime is committed? Do you base all of your decisions on movies? On the contrary, my opinions in this matter are based on real life personal experience that ended in the death of a family member and the attempted suicide of another that left him with the mental capacity of a 4 year old for the 30 years.

The point being, proactive action by those that know the mentally ill person can go long way in protecting the mentally ill person as well as others. They just need a process to do so.
Too often art imitates life and the movie reference fits the subject perfectly.

Not to belittle your personal experience with the overwhelming failure of the medical field regarding mental health. However to think that anything passed in a state leaning that far left will actually use this new found power for true good versus outright gun grabbing is naive at best.

Return to “Other States”