Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 3

Another one headed in the wrong direction

Post by Odinvalknir »

http://concealednation.org/2018/06/nort ... -on-state/

The bill, House Bill 1060, was filed on the last day of May and by Orange County Democrat Verna Insko would spell disaster to handgun aficionados in my home state. The bill, if signed into law, would compel the North Carolina Department of Public Safety to first develop a safe handgun roster, then ban the possession and/or sale of any handgun not on said list.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another one headed in the wrong direction

Post by SQLGeek »

NC has been catching a massive influx of Northerners looking for jobs in the Triangle, a better climate and a better cost of living. We will see more of that there sadly.
Psalm 91:2

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I am so sorry. I have no idea how to define a "safe handgun" unless it is rendered non-operational.

To many former Commiefornians moving to free states looking change their new states into Commiefornia's image.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

OneGun wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:24 pm I am so sorry. I have no idea how to define a "safe handgun" unless it is rendered non-operational.

To many former Commiefornians moving to free states looking change their new states into Commiefornia's image.
Believe me I know, we have been having a lot of Californians moving into Texas. Mostly into Austin luckily and not down here in Houston where I live. Of course the more commies that move into our Capital are more likely to press upon Our State Leaders with their nonsense.

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

Odinvalknir wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:02 pm
OneGun wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:24 pm I am so sorry. I have no idea how to define a "safe handgun" unless it is rendered non-operational.

Believe me I know, we have been having a lot of Californians moving into Texas. Mostly into Austin luckily and not down here in Houston where I live. Of course the more commies that move into our Capital are more likely to press upon Our State Leaders with their nonsense.
I know right, some Californians might even pick up a hitchhiker who might be a serial killer and defuse the whole situation by leading to the possibility of being one as well. Those sneaky Californians. :biggrinjester:

On a more serious note, lots of conservative areas have been experiencing an influx of liberals that are leaving their home states to get away from what they have created just to continue to vote the way they always have. We are not alone .
Truth against the world

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Maybe the police should be limited to guns on the 'safe handgun roster' for a few election cycle before expanding it to include 'civilians' to make sure the cop-created roster works for them before expanding it to include the rest of us. You know, like developers beta testing software before releasing it.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Bill O'Rights

Post by Bill O'Rights »

I think North Carolina already requires a purchase permit or LTC to buy a handgun, even for a private sale, so they were already heading that direction.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

How do you determine "safe" what criteria? Who's criteria? I personally don't like a Glock, no safety! However others don't like a 1911 cocked and locked not "safe" so who is the supposed experts that will make the determination?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 pm How do you determine "safe" what criteria? Who's criteria? I personally don't like a Glock, no safety! However others don't like a 1911 cocked and locked not "safe" so who is the supposed experts that will make the determination?
Our benevolent overlords, of course.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Bad news for sure !Prayers sent for NC!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Clearly this is brought to you from the Consumer Product Safety Commission litigation mindset. In a world where human beings are so bored and ill-informed (if not clinically-speaking mentally deficient) that they eat laundry detergent, there can certainly be no tools designed to project force that are "safe". Ergo, it seems that a complete ban would be the expected outcome.

My hope is that saner heads will prevail, preventing such bills from becoming law anywhere.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Middle Age Russ wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:38 am Clearly this is brought to you from the Consumer Product Safety Commission litigation mindset. In a world where human beings are so bored and ill-informed (if not clinically-speaking mentally deficient) that they eat laundry detergent, there can certainly be no tools designed to project force that are "safe". Ergo, it seems that a complete ban would be the expected outcome.

My hope is that saner heads will prevail, preventing such bills from becoming law anywhere.
It is beginning to look like the north east is about to go full blown and start banning and arresting all kinds of people. I see little articles every day about how they are setting up these buyback programs and no one is selling any guns, so they are talking about going and TAKING the guns. I can only imagine where it will go from there.

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I have become convinced that media today, and therefore the majority of the "news" we hear, "reports" only what challenges traditional mores, values and sensibilities. I take some comfort in this, because they are fighting against that which built the foundations of society -- and there are many yet around that value civil society and the foundations thereof. Theirs has been and is a long, long fight -- a war against Western civilization -- and they may yet win, but I suspect it'll be a few more generations before they can secure a victory if they are ultimately able to.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Return to “Other States”